Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! (/showthread.php?tid=97181)

Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-22-2011 at 11:17 PM

So recently, I've installed the latest MSN Live Messenger and then I downloaded the latest Messenger Plus! Live and installed both in order.

But, I've found out that after you close and reopen the computer, Messenger Plus! Live uninstalls itself completely and my skin that I used isn't there anymore too.

I can reinstall it, but I have to do it everytime if I want the extension's effects.

Please help on solving this.

Many thanks.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Arcticwolfx on 03-22-2011 at 11:21 PM

Hello HelpRequired,

What operating system are you using? If you installed the latest Windows Live Messenger (version 15.4, also known as '2011') we could assume you are on Windows Vista or 7.

Are you on a administrator account in Windows?

These may be obvious questions but they assist in ruling out a few basic causes.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-22-2011 at 11:25 PM

I'm using Vista.

And yes, I am using the adminstrator account.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Thor on 03-23-2011 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HelpRequired
I'm using Vista.

And yes, I am using the adminstrator account.

Are you running any kind of software designed to restore your computer back to a certain state after each reboot?
RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-23-2011 at 11:31 AM

Please read Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-23-2011 at 09:22 PM

@Spunky, I have Maplestory installed but is there a way to bypass that and get it to work without deleting it?

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-24-2011 at 12:48 AM

Probably not.

If there is a way of removing it (and keeping your settings), try it to see if it fixes the problem.

If it still doesn't work it's something else. If it does, you're unfortunately going to have to make a choice

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by DJCrapsody on 03-24-2011 at 02:50 PM

It doesn't work both with or without MapleStory. Other listed softwares does not exist in my system.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-24-2011 at 03:18 PM

What versions of Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live are you using (Watch Getting Version Information for Bug Reports if you are not sure how to check)

Also, do you have the "Plus!" menu item on the main toolbar (Tick the "Always show menu" box in the men; the video also shows you where this is). If you do have the "Plus!" menu, click it and it may say "Software not loaded". In that case watch Using Messenger Plus! Live (4.9) with Windows Live Messenger 2011 to see how to put Messenger Plus! into safe mode. This may make it load each time and possibly identify a problem

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-24-2011 at 10:41 PM

Plus! is version 5.01.

Messenger is 2009.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-25-2011 at 09:05 AM

Did you try the second part of my post?

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-26-2011 at 05:42 PM

Well, now, I uninstalled the 2009 version and installed 2011 Essentials but yet the same version of Plus! (5.01) isn't staying.

And I don't believe I have that 'always show menu' box, as I've looked through the options and couldn't find it.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-26-2011 at 07:30 PM

If you want to show the menu, but can't find the option, just press "ALT" on the keyboard to temporarily show it.

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by HelpRequired on 03-26-2011 at 08:43 PM

Heh... Where do I go exactly ? @_@

RE: Messenger Plus! doesn't stay! by Spunky on 03-27-2011 at 08:38 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1012207]