Shoutbox

Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem (/showthread.php?tid=97217)

Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem by vicb2000 on 03-26-2011 at 02:48 AM

Hello, I am using Buddyfuse to add Google Talk to my Windows Live Messenger and I can see all of my contacts from Google Talk on my Windows Live Messenger, however, when I check my "Event Viewer"in Messenger Plus, I get no activity from my Google Talk contacts, I just get activity from my regular Windows Live Messenger contacts.  I am using Windows XP... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem by Arcticwolfx on 03-26-2011 at 03:02 AM

Hi vicb2000,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help regarding Buddyfuse. Messenger Plus! and BuddyFuse are two separate programs which aren't made to work together. Without being certain about this, I have a feeling that that is the main cause of issue.

Perhaps someone else has more experience or is willing to devote time in figuring out a compatibility method.

I see you've posted this same question on the BuddyFuse forum as well, two months ago.

I would say that this would fit more along the lines of a "Feature request."

RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem by Lou on 03-26-2011 at 12:16 PM

Due to the nature of messenger plus, it is not possible for it to grab information from buddyfuse without it being explicitly coded to do so. Considering the fact that these are two completely seperate companies and programs, it does make sense that this is not the case.

The issue is that Plus! isn't grabbing the information because it is not aware it even exists. I don't think this is going to be "fixed" (i.e. coded).

RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem by vicb2000 on 04-06-2011 at 05:28 AM

Follow-up!

I just checked my "Event Viewer" in MESSENGER PLUS! and was pleasantly suprised that it now shows the activity for the Google Talk contacts sent to Windows Live Messenger by BuddyFuse.

I want to thank everyone concerned in making this happen.... (SPECIAL THANKS TO THE TEAM AT MESSENGER PLUS!) ....lots of people will benefit from this feature. :-) (Y)(Y)

RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem by CookieRevised on 04-06-2011 at 06:48 AM

There has nothing been changed since your first post.
The latest Plus! update is from March 8th.