Shoutbox

[split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone (/showthread.php?tid=97223)

RE: Virtually nothing works in Windows 7 by Terabyte on 03-26-2011 at 02:58 AM

So I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone.  I'm on Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1 using WLM 15.4.3502.922.  No menus, no addons, no nothing.  I've installed it several times.  Yes, every time I've made 100% sure that WLM was not running by verifying in task manager.  Thoughts or do I go back to v4?

BTW, I've uninstalled, as well.  The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! is there.  I uninstalled it, which left a bunch of junk so I reamed the folder and reinstalled it, but I do NOT install your Bing bar options, but it seems that 4 was much better tested than 5.

BTW, reinstalling 4.90.392 works PERFECTLY!  Guess I'll just skip 5 for now.

RE: Virtually nothing works in Windows 7 by CookieRevised on 03-26-2011 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Terabyte
which left a bunch of junk
what junk was that exactly?
RE: Virtually nothing works in Windows 7 by Terabyte on 03-26-2011 at 04:50 PM

The ENTIRE install folder along with every single file meaning the uninstaller doesn't work properly either.  Seems that this must be a Win7 problem or a Win7 x64 problem as I know others on Vista without issues.

RE: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone by CYANure on 03-28-2011 at 04:55 PM

Hi,

Same problem here, Ive Win7 X64 and WLM 14.0.8117.416 and Plus is gone. I have now two folders, the old "\Messenger Plus! Live" and the new "\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!"

What can I do ?

Thanks.

Thank you Terabyte, Ive done the same, désinstalling the 5 version and reinstalling the 4.90.392 and all is now ok like it should be.

Why broke a working thing ? I really don't know.
RE: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone by DJCrapsody on 03-29-2011 at 08:27 AM

Good for you. 4.9 ain't working for me either.

RE: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone by Terabyte on 03-29-2011 at 04:59 PM

Did you uninstall 5 and reinstall 4.9 or just install 4.9 on top of 5?  If you didn't uninstall and the reinstall go that route. It has worked on a dozen or more machines I've tried it on.

RE: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone by DJCrapsody on 03-30-2011 at 10:14 AM

I uninstalled 5 and reinstalled 4.9.

RE: [split] I got an update notice today and now Plus! is gone by CookieRevised on 03-30-2011 at 10:25 AM

For everybody:

Read the following post and check if you have any of the applications installed or compatibility mode enabled: Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Can you try do download Messenger Plus! from this link, install that and see if it works then:
http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110308/Conduit/Setup-MsgPlus-501.exe
updated: http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110531/VS/Setup-MsgPlus-502.exe

quote:
Originally posted by DJCrapsody
I uninstalled 5 and reinstalled 4.9.
What version of Messenger are you using and what Windows version?
(Plus! 4.9 works only partially with Windows Live Messenger 2011, in case you're using that version)