Shoutbox

WLNameEditor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: WLNameEditor (/showthread.php?tid=97240)

WLNameEditor by Shereen-Isobell.x on 03-27-2011 at 10:55 PM

I have downloaded WLNameEditor, and it won't work. I have made sure in preferences it is running, i have even uninstalled and downloaded the script again but it just wont work. I have the latest versions of both messenger and plus, can anyone help?

RE: WLNameEditor by Arcticwolfx on 03-27-2011 at 11:03 PM

Hi Shereen-Isobell.x

It seems that WLNameEditor hasn't been updated in a while. It says in the description: Last update: 6/6/2009.

On top of that, Windows Live Messenger 2011 does no longer support nicknames, but only displays your real name displayed in your Profile.

In order to have a "nickname" anyway, you could edit your Real Name in your profile settings. Note that this still doesn't allow Color tags and smileys.

Ps.: Please don't post the same post on multiple threads.

RE: WLNameEditor by Shereen-Isobell.x on 03-27-2011 at 11:07 PM

Thank you that has solved my problem, do you know or do you think there will be a WLNameEditor that will be compatable with the new version of msn eventually?

RE: WLNameEditor by Arcticwolfx on 03-27-2011 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shereen-Isobell.x
Thank you that has solved my problem, do you know or do you think there will be a WLNameEditor that will be compatable with the new version of msn eventually?

I think we will have to wait until a new version of Windows Live Messenger comes out that enables the use of nicknames again as it used to. Then, you'll see that Messenger Plus! and it's volunteering scriptwriters will focus on functionality with nicknames again.