Shoutbox

Bugs when locking - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bugs when locking (/showthread.php?tid=97242)

Bugs when locking by Chancer on 03-28-2011 at 03:01 AM

Plus! 5.01.760
WLM 2009

When I lock Messenger, some things happen:
On the convo windows, there's a line right above the writing box, usually stating when the last message was received, or if the contact has changed his name, or status, etc. After unlocking, the last message will be stuck there, until you close and reopen the window.

If the message was "Contact changed his/her name to Contact2", and I lock, that will be the message until I close the window.

Also, I set Plus! not to change the icon for the magnifier icon in the systray. Actually, I'm using Windows 7, so I don't even have the icon. When I lock, the icon shows up.
And it's even more buggy: most of time, the magnifier icon is hidden, "inside" the collapsed list of icons, but once in a while, it shows up next to the clock.
I believe it wasn't supposed to show up at all, but instead, it shows in two different ways.

RE: Bugs when locking by Sunshine on 03-28-2011 at 08:36 AM

Can you tell us which OS you are on and the exact version number of Messenger?

Anybody else (with same specs) can confirm this?

RE: Bugs when locking by Chancer on 03-28-2011 at 09:59 PM

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
WLM 14.0.8118.416

RE: Bugs when locking by Sunshine on 03-29-2011 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
WLM 14.0.8118.416
Thank you, devs have been notified :)

RE: Bugs when locking by Chancer on 04-10-2011 at 03:37 PM

Just a quick update on the magnifier icon:

I've just reformatted my PC with Windows 7 Pro x64, installed the latest WLM 2011 and the latest MP!.
That bug is still occurring. Actually, I realized that most of the times the icon is not collapsed, is when I lock for the first time in the session and after a "long" period (maybe something between 5~10 minutes).

UPDATE:
Another bug: even when locked, I can hear the sounds when I receive a message, for example. I set not to change my status when I lock, but IMO, WLM should be totally "stealth" when locked, right?