Shoutbox

[Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee (/showthread.php?tid=97249)

[Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-28-2011 at 10:53 PM

Here another Plus! Skin that I'm entering for the Skinning Contest 2011. This Plus! Skin for girls.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/12078/

Enjoy! Feel free to comment.

ps. This is what I have go through to win the contest, if you know what I mean. :P

RE: [Preview] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Arcticwolfx on 03-28-2011 at 11:07 PM

(@)

Okay so.. It's not my kind of skin!

However, I think it's a rather cool skin. A good color tone of pink and the icon replacements are what a girly girl would call cute.

To add some criticism: I think the bow-tie on the display pictures is a little annoying.. if it would move a little more North-East towards the corner, or actually "on" the corner, I think it would look a little better.

RE: RE: [Preview] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-28-2011 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
(@)

Okay so.. It's not my kind of skin!

However, I think it's a rather cool skin. A good color tone of pink and the icon replacements are what a girly girl would call cute.

To add some criticism: I think the bow-tie on the display pictures is a little annoying.. if it would move a little more North-East towards the corner, or actually "on" the corner, I think it would look a little better.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, I will make the changes ASAP.

ps. bow-tie is a skin option BTW.

edit: changes are done. :)
RE: [Preview] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Spunky on 03-28-2011 at 11:43 PM

Oh God! Now I'm going to have to install that for Mrs. Spunky :(

RE: [Preview 2] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Arcticwolfx on 03-29-2011 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coolzee

edit: changes are done. :)

Oh wow, awesome! I didn't think you would take my feedback serious. I think it looks a lot better now. I can't imagine anything else to improve it.. it simply looks like a complete, theme-fitting skin. Kudos!
RE: [Preview 2] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by CookieRevised on 03-29-2011 at 01:32 AM

(Y). The only thing I kind-of dislike, as a boyish boy, are the scrollbar graphics (both the button and the background-, which seems out of place.

RE: [Preview 2] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-29-2011 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

(both the button and the background-, which seems out of place.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. :)

RE: [Preview 2] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Oxy on 03-30-2011 at 09:20 AM

quote:
This Plus! Skin for girls only!

lolwut
RE: RE: [Preview 2] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-31-2011 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
quote:

lolwut

I don't think boys would like it..lol

Preview 3 is up. I'll be releasing it soon, just last min. testing. :)
RE: [Preview 3] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Arcticwolfx on 03-31-2011 at 10:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
quote:

lolwut

I think there are lots of boys who would like it..
As a matter of fact I think it may even be downloaded more by male people than female people!

Initially because there are many more boys rather than girls who even look for Messenger Plus! and skins in first place and quite a lot of gay boys like the color pink (usually for statement reasons).. [Image: Safespace.gif]

Girls could be assumed to be much more into various bright colors, the type of younger girls who spent a lot of time online are also often quite into Gothic like themes.. 

Of course all of this is just generalization and not really worth the topic much, I'm just saying I don't agree to this being a "girls only" skin. :p
RE: RE: [Preview 3] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 03-31-2011 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
quote:

lolwut

I think there are lots of boys who would like it..
As a matter of fact I think it may even be downloaded more by male people than female people!

Initially because there are many more boys rather than girls who even look for Messenger Plus! and skins in first place and quite a lot of gay boys like the color pink (usually for statement reasons).. [Image: Safespace.gif]

Girls could be assumed to be much more into various bright colors, the type of younger girls who spent a lot of time online are also often quite into Gothic like themes.. 

Of course all of this is just generalization and not really worth the topic much, I'm just saying I don't agree to this being a "girls only" skin. :p

Oh I see, thanks for suggestion for gothic idea. I might be making gothic skin next. ;)
RE: [Preview 3] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Arcticwolfx on 03-31-2011 at 11:53 PM

quote:

Oh I see, thanks for suggestion for gothic idea. I might be making gothic skin next. ;)

Ah well, it wasn't really meant as a suggestion, I merely meant to say that it's also likely for girls to rather be into anti-cute skins.. Or that "Twilight Saga" skin for example, hehe.

Not to say that I don't think a gothic skin might be a good idea, you'd probably make a great one! (Probably wouldn't be fit for me though :P)
RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 04-01-2011 at 10:10 PM

v.1.0 beta is out on Skin DB! :)

RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Shiny Rabbit on 04-12-2011 at 02:41 PM

I see you like using me in your screenshots, I'd recognise that Hatsune Miku display picture anywhere :P

nice skin btw, I might use that if I upgrade to WLM2011 because I'm a manly man who likes manly things like Hello Kitty ^^

RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by =(Hello.Amy)= on 05-05-2011 at 05:06 AM

Hai xD i just downloaded your hello kitty skin... i say i effn adore it..as you can see by my name i adore hellokitty. but i dont know if its just me and my friends msn or the skin itself but no matter how many times she and i restart our msn the little cute bow wont show up on our DP :/  Should i try redownloading the skin or could it possibly be a bug on the skin |:... just thought i'd ask.

Thanks again for this lovely skin :3 <3

RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by Nagamasa on 05-05-2011 at 05:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by =(Hello.Amy)=
Hai xD i just downloaded your hello kitty skin... i say i effn adore it..as you can see by my name i adore hellokitty. but i dont know if its just me and my friends msn or the skin itself but no matter how many times she and i restart our msn the little cute bow wont show up on our DP :/  Should i try redownloading the skin or could it possibly be a bug on the skin |:... just thought i'd ask.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but these display pictures are only to the "default"--you only see people that don't set their own DPs with these images. If you set yours to "no image", the other end will see you with the default Messenger buddy nonetheless (unless it also has been skinned), despite you seeing yourself as a Hello Kitty.
RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by =(Hello.Amy)= on 05-05-2011 at 06:12 AM

nah thats not what i ment there is supposed to be a little bow on the DP box window in the corner and we can't get ours to show up. or the HK logo no matter hwo many times we restart it >_< that other thing your talking about works thou :3

RE: RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by coolzee on 05-05-2011 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by =(Hello.Amy)=
nah thats not what i ment there is supposed to be a little bow on the DP box window in the corner and we can't get ours to show up. or the HK logo no matter hwo many times we restart it >_< that other thing your talking about works thou :3

try checked sign me in automatically , restart the messenger.
RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by =(Hello.Amy)= on 05-05-2011 at 08:13 PM

That Worked <3 THANKS! xx

i know this is like a double post but me and my gf were talking xD it would be awesome if you could add cute whiskers and ears like the little bow on the DP :3 
RE: [Released] Hello Kitty v.1.0 Beta, Created by coolzee by SChau92 on 06-10-2011 at 11:13 AM

Hey! :)

I Really like this skin and tried to download it a few times but it keeps interrupting?

Anyone can help me? My Messenger Plus now is soo boring and would love to have your hello kitty skin because I just LOVE hello kitty .. :)