Shoutbox

[SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page (/showthread.php?tid=97289)

[SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by Nagamasa on 04-03-2011 at 02:15 AM

Click on Skin name to open its details page.

Currently, you have to click the obscure icon to get to its details page.

Do I need to provide additional explanation?

RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by robert_dll on 04-03-2011 at 02:21 AM

Agree with you, the current way is not intuitive at all

RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by CookieRevised on 04-03-2011 at 09:36 AM

Reported/suggested since the database was accessable by beta testers.

Anyways, 500% agreed... and imho no detailed explanation required as it is waaaaay to obvious.

The icon is REALY obscure and 'hard to find'.
Instead, the whole table row block (short description and everything) should act as a button link to the details page. Aka, like it used to be.

EDIT: goes the same for every similar database list though (aka: scripts, etc)

RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by Menthix on 04-03-2011 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Instead, the whole table row block (short description and everything) should be act as a button link to the details page. Aka, like it used to be.
Agreed. Reported it twice before, so did others.
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix ins some beta thread
Full row highlight/click on overview pages
I really liked how the old site highlighted the item on overview pages as you hover over it with the cursor and makes it possible to click anywhere on the item to go to the details page. See http://msgpluslive.dk/skins/by-date/ for example (.dk still shows the old site at the moment). The item highlights yellow as you hover over it, and you don't necessarily have to click on the item name to go to the details page. Yet you can still hit the other buttons to perform other actions, for example 'full screenshot'.
In addition to that (which is a javascript onclick event) I agree the item title should also have a native hyperlink.
RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by coolzee on 04-03-2011 at 06:43 PM

I agree too. :)

RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by soooso on 04-11-2011 at 10:03 PM

thanx

RE: RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by Jieff on 04-12-2011 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

Instead, the whole table row block (short description and everything) should act as a button link to the details page. Aka, like it used to be.

EDIT: goes the same for every similar database list though (aka: scripts, etc)

Yeah, I agree as well. We might not have time to do it right now (we are currently optimizing the site), but we might be able to bring it up in few weeks.

BTW: The hyperlink on the name of the skin as already been done on our dev server in Montreal, we just need to bring back the full highlight on the short description.
RE: [SKIN DB Sugg.] Click skin name to open details page by CookieRevised on 04-12-2011 at 01:10 PM

Great news to hear... thanks (y)