Shoutbox

one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me (/showthread.php?tid=97327)

one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-09-2011 at 03:17 PM

ha yeah man i work now with hotmail for like three years....i run my own buisnes on pc.... and never had any complaints....think its a wonderfull service......

but lately they changed one little thing with the new ( january ) hotmail wich buggs me....

yeah its like this.....i work on pc for like 7 houres a day.... and then i have this habbit to leave my mailpage sort of open....because i get mails all the day......

but since short time lately? when u get a mns message from a friend online.....then a tab low in the firefox page.... starts flickering and blinking.......

( i dont mean the msn message tab.... because thats easy to turn of as soon as one finishes a conversation....but i mean the mail-tab from firefox )

ha so then i work and work and then there is this nervous on and of going flickering litle light at the bottem on my screen.... ha ha wich makes me nervous......

sometimes i close then the tab..... but yeah as soon as i get mail? then i have to open the page again

okidoki this was my complaint.....

greetz edwin emanuel posse from holland

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by foaly on 04-09-2011 at 06:10 PM

Yeah sometimes progression isn't always what you want...
You could however try this:

On your mail tab under the messenger part (on the left)
there is an option: sign out of messenger.
If you do that, you won't receive messenger messages in that tab and thus won't have the flickering tab.

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-09-2011 at 06:14 PM

ha ha no then i wont receive msn text anymore....ha ha i get mails for jobs all the time and tey use msn hotmail....i must stay online

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by foaly on 04-09-2011 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by edwinemanuelposse
ha ha no then i wont receive msn text anymore....ha ha i get mails for jobs all the time and tey use msn hotmail....i must stay online
seeing as this is a messenger forum, why don't you use the real messenger to receive WLM messages, so you don't have to use the webmessenger that they build in to hotmail?
RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-09-2011 at 06:18 PM

edit "ha ha  problem solved...ha ha indeed if u sign out on the www.page.com then u stay signed in at the same time on messenger.....thanks for the advice greetings edwin posse

ha ha how much money do i ow u? this solution saves me a migraine few times a week ( i just cant stand it when my screen is nuerotic and flashy )

thanks thanks
RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by foaly on 04-09-2011 at 06:32 PM

no problem :)
glad I could help

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-09-2011 at 06:37 PM

new firefox has also got a new blinky blinky build in litlle bugger......when u go with your mouse over a screen? then in below comes a nervous popup.....i call it visual garbage ha ha

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by Horseboy on 04-15-2011 at 04:08 PM

quote:
new firefox has also got a new blinky blinky build in litlle bugger......when u go with your mouse over a screen? then in below comes a nervous popup.....i call it visual garbage ha ha

Microsoft is aware of the issue with Firefox 4 and they're working on fixing it at the moment :)
RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-15-2011 at 04:19 PM

ha ha microsoft is helping firefox? isnt that like a cat who helps a mouse escape out of a cage?

RE: RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by Horseboy on 04-15-2011 at 04:22 PM

quote:
ha ha microsoft is helping firefox? isnt that like a cat who helps a mouse escape out of a cage?

They aren't helpine Mozilla/Firefox, they're just making their code more web-standards compliant.
RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-15-2011 at 04:27 PM

ha i dont completely understand u hey? but yeha doenst matter.....ha i am a bit of a design freak....and then i think the letters that popup in below the screen ( both with firefox and IE )...yeah i think they are visualy noisy a bit.....

u know what i mean? like the ummm... url-s message in below....they are pointless.....

what would help a bit if the letters were lighter ( like bleu )

but yeah ha ha....its just small thing

RE: one small thing lately with new hotmail buggs me by edwinemanuelposse on 04-16-2011 at 05:05 PM

ha nother idea for msn hotmail.....

it has no multiupload.....for files

( ha ha takes so much time )