Shoutbox

Color or Background Picture - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Color or Background Picture (/showthread.php?tid=97384)

Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-15-2011 at 10:39 PM

I'm now on Windows Live 2011 with the play station skin.  I can not read my friend's text anymore and can't figure out how to put in a background picture.  If it's still possible I'd like to know but I also thought it'd be nice if someone could make a script that will make one window's text a default color or a color I specify?  If not then a script that will let me put an image behind one window like on the old one?

RE: Color or Background Picture by Nagamasa on 04-16-2011 at 12:56 AM

Check the skinning panel...there's an option to enable a white background in the conversation window.

Alternatively, there is an option in Plus! too.  Type "override" in the search in the Plus! Preferences window and select "Override the font used..."

RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-16-2011 at 01:06 AM

I do not want ALL fonts and ALL windows to use the same settings.  I don't like brightly colored windows especially at night with the lights off.  That's why I have a dark skin.  Both of your suggestions force all windows to use the same settings.

RE: Color or Background Picture by Nagamasa on 04-16-2011 at 01:15 AM

Umm...the latter option only changes your contact's font (including colour)...it doesn't do anything else.

RE: Color or Background Picture by coolzee on 04-16-2011 at 11:47 AM

I'll see what I can do. :)

Give me a few days or a week.

Thanks for using my skin. :)

edit:

nickname(both user and contact) is white, and the message is black. With transparent white background.  I can see the texts no problem.

So what text color you want exactly?

RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-16-2011 at 04:36 PM

I just want to be able to change people's font colors.  Some use red some use purple and it's all hard to read on this color background.  Right now I have a friend using #981B37 as his font color.  I don't want to force all users to use the same text color, I wish backgrounds were still available.  I usually just dropped in a Halo 3 wallpaper into the window when someone was using a color I couldn't read on my skin.  I only upgraded to WLM 2011 cause of Plus updating.

RE: Color or Background Picture by CookieRevised on 04-16-2011 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vas
I only upgraded to WLM 2011 cause of Plus updating.
You don't need to upgrade to WLM 2011 just for Plus!' sake. Plus!5 works equally well on WLM 2009. ;)
RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-16-2011 at 05:48 PM

I know but I wanted the new messenger anyway, i was just waiting for Plus.

RE: Color or Background Picture by coolzee on 04-16-2011 at 07:43 PM

well my skin cant force your contact text to be color you want. at least i don't know how. :P

i think the reason i left that way and release the skin because i didn't know how to change those texts into different color and that the only way to see it clearly. SO, UNLESS i can figure out how to change the text colour of the nickname and message. I can't solve it. Sorry. :(

RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-17-2011 at 08:39 PM

What about re-enabling backdrops?  MSN 2009 had the ability to add an image behind a window.  Now it's gone.

RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-26-2011 at 10:42 PM

Oh come on.  I've seen skins that provide a way to supply your own background image.  Everyone's just dropping this topic?

RE: Color or Background Picture by Nagamasa on 04-26-2011 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vas
Oh come on.  I've seen skins that provide a way to supply your own background image.  Everyone's just dropping this topic?
But you wanted a different one per contact correct? Skins can't just alter one conversation--they change all conversation windows.
RE: Color or Background Picture by Vas on 04-27-2011 at 02:09 AM

That's why I don't mind if it has to be the same for everyone.  I know it can't be different for all windows.