Shoutbox

Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... (/showthread.php?tid=97404)

Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by matty on 04-18-2011 at 12:39 PM

Dear Skin developers,

Please think of the netbook owners. I own a netbook and it is near impossible for me to use a skin options panel. My display is 1024 x 600. Something needs to be done to make the options panel more user friendly (for netbook owners).

Thanks muchly!
Love all around!

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by Nagamasa on 04-18-2011 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Dear Skin developers,

Please think of the netbook owners. I own a netbook and it is near impossible for me to use a skin options panel. My display is 1024 x 600. Something needs to be done to make the options panel more user friendly (for netbook owners).

Thanks muchly!
Love all around!
Btw, Metro options panel is currently at 800x550 :)
RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by foaly on 04-18-2011 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Dear Skin developers,

Thanks muchly!
Love all around!
Hide and peek is like 300x200 or something :P
The default option panel seems to adjust to the content,
so few options means there shouldn't be a problem...
RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by matty on 04-18-2011 at 02:39 PM

quote:
quote:
Dear Skin developers,

Thanks muchly!
Love all around!
When I view the Metro options panel I cannot see the OK button. This is because when the window is open it is displayed as if the frame of the window is visible. Hard to explain without a screenshot.

Will post when I get home.
RE: RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by coolzee on 04-18-2011 at 03:55 PM

quote:
quote:
Dear Skin developers,

Thanks muchly!
Love all around!

My PlayStation Skin option panel is 790x582. lol

Is not my fault that i have too many options to choose from. lool :P

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by blessedguy on 04-18-2011 at 04:48 PM

Agaeti's is 550x540 :3 [But I bet it has the same problem as Metro's...]

Now there is some massive panel redux trying to get out of my image files, but it's not being able to win the fight against fighting armies of tests, homeworks, congresses and turrets!

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by Nagamasa on 04-18-2011 at 05:01 PM

quote:
When I view the Metro options panel I cannot see the OK button. This is because when the window is open it is displayed as if the frame of the window is visible. Hard to explain without a screenshot.

Will post when I get home.
Nah I know what you're talking about. I'm working on the legit skin options panel, and that's the size I set it as :P
RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by matty on 04-18-2011 at 06:19 PM

I think Plus! needs to display the linear panel inside the preferences window with a scroll bar or possibly allow a tabbed like interface to the preferences.

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by blessedguy on 04-18-2011 at 06:29 PM

quote:
I think Plus! needs to display the linear panel inside the preferences window with a scroll bar or possibly allow a tabbed like interface to the preferences.
THIS (Y)
RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by LuckyMe on 04-18-2011 at 06:36 PM

Someone suggested that a long time ago, AFAIK scripts can do that right? that would be a nice feature for skinners

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by blessedguy on 04-18-2011 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LuckyMe
Someone suggested that a long time ago, AFAIK scripts can do that right? that would be a nice feature for skinners
yes, before auto-update feature for skins :P [scripts ended up getting a new auto-update feature too :banana: ]
RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by matty on 04-19-2011 at 12:03 PM

Just an FYI...

This is what I see

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1013138]

RE: Dear Skin Devs... Skin Options Panel... by Nagamasa on 04-19-2011 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
THIS (Y)
I'm cramming options...tabs please :D