Shoutbox

found software tat cause msg plus live not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: found software tat cause msg plus live not working (/showthread.php?tid=97500)

found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-01-2011 at 08:09 AM

after many reformatting/reinstalling windows 7, found software tat cause msg plus live not working with windows live messenger.

1. latest update/new version of microsoft silverlight 4.0
2. microsoft .net framework 4 client profile

hope someone can look into this..

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by bondarenkod on 05-04-2011 at 06:06 PM

More information can describe the problem? can attach screenshots of the problem?

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-04-2011 at 10:35 PM

the windows live messenger at the top will not display "Plus!" when i open it.

i remember when after i install .net framework 4 client profile, msg plus live doesnt work(means "Plus!" does not appear).

after than i didnt not install, the there wasnt any problem than.

until than there is an update on silverlight, so i proceed with installing, yet it happens again.

i not sure wat causes the problem, but other model laptop works well with install of tat silverlight 4 and .net framework 4 client profile.

btw the laptop model of mine is acer aspire 4750g. not sure other users having problem also using this model?

i did not install any software other than installing drivers for the laptop and windows update.

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by bondarenkod on 05-05-2011 at 04:28 AM

i'm a developer of .net.
yesterday i installed a "plus" on to my comp. - it works.
version of your msn & "+" compatible?
check it and write versions of your msn & "+" here please.

RE: RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-05-2011 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bondarenkod
i'm a developer of .net.
yesterday i installed a "plus" on to my comp. - it works.
version of your msn & "+" compatible?
check it and write versions of your msn & "+" here please.

msn: 14.0.8117.416
plus: 4.90.0.392
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by bondarenkod on 05-05-2011 at 06:36 AM

why you not download latest version of software?
uninstall "+", MSN.
after that, download - http://explore.live.com/windows-live-messenger?os=other
and http://www.msgplus.net/DownloadMsgPlus.aspx

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-07-2011 at 06:18 AM

i dont like the new messenger..

but well, jus now when i install outlook lan messenger, "plus" is gone again.:(

jus uninstall old version n install new version, yet doesnt work too.
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by Adeptus on 05-07-2011 at 10:30 AM

It sounds highly unlikely that either Silverlight or .NET framework would interfere with Plus!.  They both have to do with software development technologies Plus! doesn't use (so this doesn't make sense) and they are both very common and have been around for months - distributed through Windows Update. Yet, we haven't heard of this before.

You may just want to reformat the computer where you are obtaining these curious results -- I am sure there's something wrong with it, but probably not those things.

RE: RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by Tlahtoani on 05-08-2011 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
It sounds highly unlikely that either Silverlight or .NET framework would interfere with Plus!.  They both have to do with software development technologies Plus! doesn't use (so this doesn't make sense) and they are both very common and have been around for months - distributed through Windows Update. Yet, we haven't heard of this before.

You may just want to reformat the computer where you are obtaining these curious results -- I am sure there's something wrong with it, but probably not those things.

I have the same problem here. After a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit I installed WLM 14.0.8117.416 and Live Plus! 5 and it just won't load :( . . . got no error messages it simply won't load . . .
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by Solid Snake on 05-08-2011 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tlahtoani
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

I have the same problem here. After a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit I installed WLM 14.0.8117.416 and Live Plus! 5 and it just won't load :( . . . got no error messages it simply won't load . . .

me also & i have post this already

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97559
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by CookieRevised on 05-09-2011 at 12:18 AM

Tlahtoani, Solid Snake, note that your problems are most likely not the same (the causes that is) as described in this thread. Especially since you, Tlahtoani, explicitly stated you've installed on a clean Windows, which is usually a very different situation.

It is not because that in both cases Plus! doesn't same to load, that it is the same thing. There can be (unfortunatly) a 1000 reasons why something doesn't work ranging from incompatibility with other software, drivers or what not, to a bug in Plus.

So, please stick to one post/thread. Cross-posting in multiple threads (and especially in threads which are most likely not about your same issue) isn't going to solve your issues any quicker.

For now, all I can suggest to anyone of you is to check threads like this and this. If you already have done that, a complete clean re-install might be the only option left. Other than that, I'm afraid there is not much we can do or offer.

;)

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-13-2011 at 03:12 PM

out of sudden, i change my nvidia software/driver(from acer) to latest from nvidia website, Plus! suddenly works!

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by CookieRevised on 05-13-2011 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chunlianghere
out of sudden, i change my nvidia software/driver(from acer) to latest from nvidia website, Plus! suddenly works!
Ah yes, the old nVidea issues again. tbh, that's a very old known issue though. Some nVidia driver packages cause problems with certain softwares, this includes Messenger Plus!.

nVidea's drivers and/or tools might even cause Windows Live Messenger itself to malfunction (eg: http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry). And there are a lot of unofficial reports that they (can) cause troubles in quite some other softwares and also games as well.
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by nex86 on 05-19-2011 at 03:24 PM

I have the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia page, and msgplus is still not loading ... -.-

edit: Problem solved!!!!

The problem is caused by Nvidia optimus, you have to let it automatically set the preferred GPU.

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by CookieRevised on 05-19-2011 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nex86
I have the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia page, and msgplus is still not loading ... -.-
First check if you have just the drivers installed or also some other tools from nVidea that came with it. If so, uninstall them.

If it still doesn't work, try to downgrade your nVidea drivers to previous versions (remember to reboot your PC after each install).

If it still doesn't work, it might be something else which is causing Plus! to not load properly.
RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by nex86 on 05-19-2011 at 03:37 PM

Problem solved!!!!

The problem is caused by Nvidia optimus, you have to let it automatically set the preferred GPU.

RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by HuNHuNt3r on 05-24-2011 at 10:50 AM

For me not solved:( I tried this too: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97559 But Messenger Plus is not appearing.
I read the whole forum, tried everything without success. Please help me!
i7-2630QM, 8gb ram, GT 525m, win7 64 bit (my mate has the same with 32 bit, i3, but doesn't work)

RE: RE: found software tat cause msg plus live not working by chunlianghere on 05-27-2011 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nex86
Problem solved!!!!

yup..i also finally found tat tat is the cause of the problem. guess its time to inform nvidia of the problem.