Shoutbox

Chat logs from a different computer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat logs from a different computer (/showthread.php?tid=97524)

Chat logs from a different computer by ferasz@live.com on 05-04-2011 at 10:03 PM

Can i view my chat logs from a different computer ?
If I chatted from my PC at home, then i came to work and logged on to msgplus.net, is there anyway i can see my logs from both my home and my work PC ?
Seems like when i logged on at work i can only see my log on the same computer....
thank you in advance

RE: Chat logs from a different computer by Nagamasa on 05-04-2011 at 10:21 PM

Not sure about Messenger Plus!'s capabilities, but you can always use alternatives like Windows Live Mesh or Dropbox to satisfy these needs.

RE: Chat logs from a different computer by CookieRevised on 05-04-2011 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ferasz@live.com
Can i view my chat logs from a different computer ?
If I chatted from my PC at home, then i came to work and logged on to msgplus.net, is there anyway i can see my logs from both my home and my work PC ?
Yes you can.

The whole idea of the MyPlus! storage is exactly to be able to read your logs from wherever you are.

Make sure that on both computers you have filled in the correct MyPlus! username and MyPlus! password in the preferences of Messenger Plus!. If you did, then you should be able to log (and thus also to read) conversations from both computers. For both the locations, the logs will be saved under the same MyPlus! account.

Also note that you can open/read logs by signing in into the main website and going to My Account > My Logs.

--------

Other alternatives like Dropbox etc all require you to manually upload/download/syncronize the logs though.
RE: Chat logs from a different computer by ferasz@live.com on 05-04-2011 at 11:52 PM

Thank you so much.
I think i never set it up at home, i was thinking if i set it up one time on one computer that would apply the setting for the account then it would record all the logs from any other location. actually that's how Yahoo messenger works.