Shoutbox

Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged (/showthread.php?tid=97641)

Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged by bobob1 on 05-20-2011 at 11:21 PM

Hi guys, I'm using the latest Messenger Plus (5.01.0.706) and WLM 2009 (14.0.8117.416).  Windows 7 x64 too, and I've set WLM to Vista SP2 compatibility so I can have the icon in the taskbar.

I've noticed although tabbed chat works if you try and drag that tabbed chat window you can see a SINGLE chat window of the other person (in other words not the person whose chat tab is currently selected) BEHIND it.  I've no idea when this started as I can't recall when I last dragged a tabbed window.

Anyone else, or advice, etc?

Edit: Does this thread go here, or the Help and Support section?

RE: Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged by bobob1 on 05-21-2011 at 11:20 AM

It seems to be a by-product of setting Vista compatibility, as it doesn't do it when I turn that off.  Ah well, it's not that much of an annoyance and I'd rather do that and have the icon in the taskbar than not.

RE: Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged by Spunky on 05-21-2011 at 07:15 PM

It's been stated many times on these forums that compatibility mode can have VERY undesirable effects.It is recommended to disable it (Plus! even puts everything back to normal when it is installed for this reason)

RE: Tabbed chat - single chat window behind when dragged by whiz on 05-22-2011 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobob1
Ah well, it's not that much of an annoyance and I'd rather do that and have the icon in the taskbar than not.
If you want the tray icon, you could try the MessengerToTray script.