Shoutbox

I have windows live messenger and windows messenger ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I have windows live messenger and windows messenger ? (/showthread.php?tid=97667)

I have windows live messenger and windows messenger ? by alggomas on 05-25-2011 at 06:14 PM

I have both the above programmes.

Can I safely delete Windows messenger and keep Windows Live Messenger please without loosing anything  ?

Is this in the control panel?
Thanks.

RE: I have windows live messenger and windows messenger ? by Mike on 05-25-2011 at 06:31 PM

Yes you can. Follow these instructions: CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger

RE: I have windows live messenger and windows messenger ? by alggomas on 05-25-2011 at 07:37 PM

Dear Mike,
Thanks for reply. However I am 62 and the instructions involve the registry which I am not happy with. I have decided to delete icon in task bar so at least I will only have one messenger. in view! I have Bullguard as firewall/anti virus.
All this started when I tried to log into messenger. A box came up stating I had to go to their .Netwebsite. [No error codes].It implied I had to download Windows Live Messenger which I did. I thought it was updating the programme and would remove the "old one".