Shoutbox

My msn has been hacked - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My msn has been hacked (/showthread.php?tid=97677)

My msn has been hacked by kitkats on 05-27-2011 at 05:15 AM

I think my account has been hacked. My display name has changed a few times in the last couple of days. I would log on, and it would be different from the one before, again and again.

What do I need to do? I've already changed my password. Is it possible that someone is using a program to change my display name remotely? Or do I need to be worried about the entire security of my computer?

RE: My msn has been hacked by Mnjul on 05-27-2011 at 05:49 AM

Would you tell us the content of the "wrong" display name? 'cause sometimes it might roll back to ones you had had before, or your profile name on Windows Live.

RE: My msn has been hacked by kitkats on 05-27-2011 at 05:56 AM

It's something I've never had before. Nor is it my registered name under hotmail. Thanks.

RE: My msn has been hacked by Spunky on 05-29-2011 at 07:51 PM

The best advice I can give is to change your password. Most often I find someone has managed to obtain your password (This happened to me a couple of weeks ago)

After you've changed your password, run a full Anti-Virus scan with a free program such as AVG or Avira Antivirus.

I would also recommend checking your PC with a tool such as MalwareBytes AntiMalware or SpyBot Search & Destroy