Shoutbox

Glitch since last update - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Glitch since last update (/showthread.php?tid=97683)

Glitch since last update by Cyaneyed on 05-27-2011 at 08:33 PM

I updated Plus yesterday when prompted. I am using the latest version of Live messenger.

When people change their status (offline, online, busy, away, idle etc), that text becomes stuck at the bottom of the screen. When someone is typing, the little '...' comes up, but it will still say 'xyz has changed their status to 123' instead of 'xyz is writing'. You still see the '...' so it's not too inconvenient but it is a bit irksome. Has anyone else had this issue?

RE: Glitch since last update by Spunky on 05-27-2011 at 10:22 PM

It's been a known problem for a while. If I remember rightly there was a post somewhere saying it would be fixed in the next build (Can't find it doing a quick search though)

RE: Glitch since last update by Mnjul on 05-27-2011 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
According to totonf (one of the developers) at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97626 , a new version with this bug fixed should be out "in a couple weeks"

RE: Glitch since last update by Cyaneyed on 05-27-2011 at 10:49 PM

Ahh I see. I assumed it was a new problem because I only got asked to update yesterday, and the problem wasnt there beforehand. Glad to see there's a fix coming.

RE: Glitch since last update by Spunky on 05-27-2011 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cyaneyed
Ahh I see. I assumed it was a new problem because I only got asked to update yesterday, and the problem wasnt there beforehand. Glad to see there's a fix coming.

Just so you know, automatic updates are usually deferred for around a week or two so as not to overload the server. They can be manually updated from the server before this however. It may also have been reported by beta testers before it was made available to the general public