Shoutbox

Add yourself to contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Add yourself to contact list (/showthread.php?tid=97691)

Add yourself to contact list by InternetHobo on 05-28-2011 at 10:58 PM

Recently got a new email address, noticed I cant add myself to my contacts. A message appears saying Sorry you can't add yourself as a friend. On my old address I had added myself and I can still see myself in my contacts, so there doesnt appear to be a problem with doing this. But for some reason WLM has decided I should be blocked from doing this.

Is it possible to get around this "block" adding yourself to your contacts list doesnt do anything (as far as I know) other than just showing yet another contact and I like to see that my things are displaying correctly to other users.

Can this be done and if so;

Is there a script for this

Or what would I have to put if I made my own script?

WLM 15.4.3508.1109

Plus! 5.01.0.706

RE: Add yourself to contact list by whiz on 05-29-2011 at 10:23 AM

I still have myself on my contact list, but I added myself using WLM 2009, and it has remained since I started using WLM 2011.  If you still have access to an older version of Messenger, try adding yourself on there.  Otherwise, it's not possible to get around the block because AFAIK it's a server-side restriction.

RE: Add yourself to contact list by InternetHobo on 06-30-2011 at 08:11 PM

Installed Windows Live Messenger for Windows XP, used it to add myself and then switched back to the latest version of WLM.

Thanks for the work around.

(Only just found out my previous reply was deleted)

Hope this helps anyone else who has this question.