Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 5.02 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 5.02 (/showthread.php?tid=97746)

Messenger Plus! 5.02 by mich999 on 06-03-2011 at 10:40 PM

Hi everybody,

In this new update, we introduce Plus! world. A small software meant to keep you updated on new skins, scripts and everything that gravitate around the Messenger world of Plus! (hey, we are not at the center of the universe, but we can always dream ;-). The folks at Yuna are also offering a new toolbar. This toolbar that makes Plus! free, will offer more Plus! content and is more customizable.

From the Kimahri folks in Montreal, you get an updated version of Plus! as well. This version fixes some small bugs here and there but especially introduces a lot of hidden goodies. Among these goodies we brought back, at popular request, the “/clear” command that you can type in a chat window to clean the content of the current conversation. Of course, this is not clearing the content of your chat log but a nice way to remove the cluttered of you chat window when you are overwhelmed with its content. :o

The full change log of what was changed is available in the About Us section and the web installer to download the new version is available over here.
And by the way, the Kimahri “Krew” is busy working on the new major version 5.1 that should be ready to go in Beta during the summer of 2011. 

Happy chatting,

Kimahri Software Team

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by matty on 06-03-2011 at 11:18 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1014492]

If you send a message followed by sending the /clear command you will not see your name as if you sent the message. If you receive a message before sending the /clear command then the following message you send will show your current name. Limitation because of Group Sequential messages together.

Nice edition but you guys really need to go through beta tests, not internal tests, before making buggy software public...

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by Nagamasa on 06-03-2011 at 11:22 PM

newbie beta tester doesn't get to beta test :(

Downloading 5.02 nonetheless now :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by matty on 06-03-2011 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
newbie beta tester doesn't get to beta test
No one tested it. They just released it. No offense but I know you guys mean well but it seems like you are tarnishing the name of Plus! by not having us properly test before release.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by Hank on 06-04-2011 at 12:19 AM

wonder whose gonna be Beta Testing 5.1? my bets it'll be an internal beta test,. wont be tested by others here before the actual final release

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by warmth on 06-04-2011 at 12:31 AM

Unbelievable situation! *-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by whiz on 06-04-2011 at 06:48 PM

I suppose this is a bit off topic, but does the automatic update system not work any more?  I'm still on Plus! 5.01, and /checkupdates says I'm on the latest version...

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by Kafman on 06-04-2011 at 07:08 PM

Can someone confirm if the status bar issue has been fixed?

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by Chrono on 06-04-2011 at 11:34 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1014529]

same mistakes over and over again for over a year, is it that hard? :P really? :(

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by ZrednaZ on 06-06-2011 at 10:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1014529]

:refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by nunoperalta on 06-13-2011 at 12:30 PM

"Installer Error
Unable to initialize installer GUI."

I am not able to even test the untested build ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by CookieRevised on 06-13-2011 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nunoperalta
"Installer Error
Unable to initialize installer GUI."

I am not able to even test the untested build ;)
CookieRevised's reply to Messenger Plus! 5.02.712 online installer stucks
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by nunoperalta on 06-13-2011 at 12:38 PM

Hey CookieRevised... is that resolving any problem? I can test the offline one, but, are "you" trying to fix the problem above for people who have Windows 7 + WLMessenger 2011, plus the reports I saw in all these replies?

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by matty on 06-13-2011 at 12:42 PM

quote:
but, are "you" trying to fix the problem above for people who have Windows 7 + WLMessenger 2011
We aren't the developers.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showteam.php
The Yuna Software section, with the exception of Nathalie and Jieff, are the developers.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by nunoperalta on 06-13-2011 at 12:44 PM

Well, I was unsure, that is why I said "you" between quotes.
No problem, sorry then. Thank you for refering to the offline version, it worked now.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by CookieRevised on 06-13-2011 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Hey CookieRevised... is that resolving any problem? I can test the offline one, but, are "you" trying to fix the problem above for people who have Windows 7 + WLMessenger 2011, plus the reports I saw in all these replies?
We're not the developpers, we're just helpers. All we can do is complain about the issue and give people support in providing a link to the full installer.
Believe me, when it was up to us that webinstaller would have been long gone :p

EDIT: I see Matty already explained it a bit :p.... Although, it isn't entirly correct either.

The webinstaller is developped by a 3rd party company, commissioned by 'Yuna'. 'Yuna' is the head company of 'Kimahri'. 'Kimahri' is the subcompany making Messenger Plus!. And that list of people you see there under 'Yuna Software' are actually employees (except for Nathalie) at 'Kimahri'. So even they can not do something about it since the webinstaller was not made by them either! Although, there are plans to change all that. But when this will go in effect we don't know.

PS:
quote:
Sorry if I seemed rude, that was not my idea :)
no problem, I didn't perceived your message as being rude ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.02 by nunoperalta on 06-13-2011 at 03:46 PM

No problem, CookieRevised! I now saw your edits in your last reply.
Sorry if I seemed rude, that was not my idea :)
Thank you for explaining.