Shoutbox

annoying emails stored on my pc :@ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: annoying emails stored on my pc :@ (/showthread.php?tid=97787)

annoying emails stored on my pc :@ by deyapretty on 06-11-2011 at 10:32 AM

Hi!

Everytime I type something in the search bar (in Windows Vista) there are "emails" appearing in the results.
These emails are mine, no doubt about it, but I have no idea where they come from!
I've checked Outlook and Windows Live Mail and deleted everything possible but still these emails are appearing. I've even tried uninstalling WLM!

I wonder in which folder they are stored but I'd like to delete them permanently.

Any idea of how to do this?

(I'll enclose a pic)

RE: annoying emails stored on my pc :@ by Menthix on 06-11-2011 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deyapretty
I've checked Outlook and Windows Live Mail and deleted everything possible but still these emails are appearing. I've even tried uninstalling WLM!
The mails in your screenshot seem to be from Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail is a different application.

Windows Mail is part of Vista. Not sure which folder it stores the mails, I'm sure you can google it. But there should be a Windows Mail shortcut in your startmenu somewhere from where you can take care of things.
RE: annoying emails stored on my pc :@ by deyapretty on 06-12-2011 at 10:31 AM

Yes I know they are from Windows Mail, but in case I deleted the messages from Outlook. I right-clicked on one of those messages and selected "Open Folder".
It's a sort of temporary folder. When I click Delete the message deletes itself but if I press F5 the message reappears!
It's very annoying :(

I've tried looking for the Windows Mail folder but it's empty, I mean no messages or anything...