Shoutbox

Display name issue - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Display name issue (/showthread.php?tid=97790)

Display name issue by erinking66 on 06-13-2011 at 01:46 AM

I am not sure for how long but when people see a message sent from me it comes up with my real life name instead of the display name I have chosen. Is there a fix to this aside from changing my real name inside of my profile as I have tried this and it didn't work?

Thanks.

RE: Display name issue by matty on 06-13-2011 at 02:12 AM

Nope, this is how the new Windows Live Messenger work.

RE: Display name issue by erinking66 on 06-13-2011 at 02:43 AM

Anywhere that I can download an old version?

RE: Display name issue by Spunky on 06-13-2011 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by erinking66
Anywhere that I can download an old version?
It won't make a difference. People using WLM 2011 will still see your name... This has been the case for around a year now (since the launch of WLM 2011)
RE: Display name issue by erinking66 on 06-13-2011 at 11:30 AM

So why is this only the case for me and no one else? All my contacts seem to be fine.

There has to be something I can do. I'm not to happy with the thought of everyone seeing my name.

RE: Display name issue by matty on 06-13-2011 at 11:34 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1014731]

Likely the above option.

But this is only what your contacts will look like on your end. If your contacts use Plus! and have it set to use nicknames then you are fine. Needless to say get over it. Microsoft is going the direction similar to social networking so why not use your real name. That is likely the reason they made this change.

RE: Display name issue by erinking66 on 06-13-2011 at 11:50 AM

I don't have that option.

Edit: The reason I won't get over it is because my msn is used for gaming and I'm not happy with random people from around the world knowing my full name.

RE: Display name issue by matty on 06-13-2011 at 11:56 AM

Then change your name in your profile. There is nothing else you can do.

What version of Messenger Plus! are you using? But like I said, this is only relating to what YOU will see not what your contacts see.