Shoutbox

PSM change by script still not working properly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: PSM change by script still not working properly (/showthread.php?tid=97833)

PSM change by script still not working properly by foaly on 06-16-2011 at 04:10 PM

In the latest changelog it was mentioned that setting the PSM by script was fixed.
Sadly it still doesn't work properly, it either doesn't do anything or it opens a Chrome browser and enters the PSM text there...
anyone else experiencing problems?

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by totonf on 06-16-2011 at 04:14 PM

There is a bug reported about psm script on the initialize event.
Which script are you testing?

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by Spunky on 06-16-2011 at 05:56 PM

Works fine when setting outside of OnInitialize (ie 1000ms timer; a 100ms timer just fails silently works fine too)

OnInitialize enters the text in the script editor =/ (As it does if you call it outside of a function.)

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by foaly on 06-17-2011 at 12:29 PM

it is my own private script,
it's being called from:

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind){
    if(Message.charAt(0) == "!"){
        parseCommands(Message,ChatWnd,Origin);
//(..)
case'link':
                    setLink(params,Origin,wnd);
                    break;
//(..)
   if(linkdoel.substr(0,7) == "http://" || linkdoel.substr(0,6) == "mms://"){

Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = "(" + Origin + ") " + linktekst + " -> http://link.foaly.nl";

can a skin influence the way the code works?
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by Spunky on 06-17-2011 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
it is my own private script,
it's being called from:
Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind){
    if(Message.charAt(0) == "!"){
        parseCommands(Message,ChatWnd,Origin);
//(..)
case'link':
                    setLink(params,Origin,wnd);
                    break;
//(..)
   if(linkdoel.substr(0,7) == "http://" || linkdoel.substr(0,6) == "mms://"){

Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = "(" + Origin + ") " + linktekst + " -> http://link.foaly.nl";

can a skin influence the way the code works?

Wouldn't have thought so. Only if the PSM element in the contact list has been moved out of it's containers. Try without a skin to find out; I'm going to test it on the OnChatWndReceived_Event

EDIT:

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message){
    if(Origin !== Messenger.MyName){
        Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = Message.split(" ")[0];
    }
}

This works for me without a skin

EDIT2:
Also works fine with Evo and Metro as the current skin (Haven't got any skins that move the PSM anywhere though I think)
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by foaly on 06-17-2011 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

Wouldn't have thought so.

EDIT2:
Also works fine with Evo and Metro as the current skin (Haven't got any skins that move the PSM anywhere though I think)

Ok, I'm using hide and peek, and I did kinda butchered through the def files (a) I'll try without it when I'm back home...

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by foaly on 06-19-2011 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

Wouldn't have thought so.

EDIT2:

Ok, I'm using hide and peek, and I did kinda butchered through the def files (a) I'll try without it when I'm back home...
Didn't make a difference, even with Metro the same thing happens...

I'm using ebuddy in chrome to trigger the event, and it will just open a new chrome window and type the text in the browser window...

So somehow the switch to main window event isn't properly executed...
Therefor ctrl-n opens a new window instead of focusing the PSM field...
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by MartinJones on 06-27-2011 at 12:46 PM

Hey  ;-)  I had a similar problem last week and after the system update everything works perfectly

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by V@no on 06-20-2012 at 03:27 AM

A year later and the bug still there? Seriously?

And on top of that, changing PSM also opens main WLM window and steals focus?

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by matty on 06-20-2012 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
A year later and the bug still there? Seriously?

And on top of that, changing PSM also opens main WLM window and steals focus?
They don't focus their time and development efforts on the engine... that shouldn't be news to anyone.
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by V@no on 06-22-2012 at 12:05 AM

I just realized MP!L is "typing" the message in the status field? It opens WLM main window and then literally types stuff in, but if something else is opened and focused, like browser window or text editor, it types in that window instead. How f.ed up is that?

We'd better off doing some AutoIt script that would work better then this...

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by matty on 06-22-2012 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
I just realized MP!L is "typing" the message in the status field? It opens WLM main window and then literally types stuff in, but if something else is opened and focused, like browser window or text editor, it types in that window instead. How f.ed up is that?

We'd better off doing some AutoIt script that would work better then this...
Something changed in the previous version where they couldn't directly set the PSM so instead their solution was to force open the contact list and set the PSM in the window.
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by Menthix on 06-22-2012 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
the previous version where they couldn't directly set the PSM so instead their solution was to force open the contact list and set the PSM in the window.
Isn't that what V@no is describing?
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by matty on 06-22-2012 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by matty
the previous version where they couldn't directly set the PSM so instead their solution was to force open the contact list and set the PSM in the window.
Isn't that what V@no is describing?
Yes I am simply explaining that it was because of an internal change in the previous version that forced them to go that route.
RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by Spunky on 06-22-2012 at 01:28 PM

Yeah, but in terms of programming, it's frowned upon. I suspected it was something like this when it was fixed and why foaly was having trouble with skins (Element is not in the same place)

RE: PSM change by script still not working properly by V@no on 06-23-2012 at 04:25 AM

I could possible live with wlm popping up and maybe even if it steals focus, but not when I type something in text editor, wlm popping up and I see text showed up in text editor that I haven't typed - that's not acceptable.

P.S.
Just curious, what previous version you are referring to? WLM or MP!L?