Shoutbox

Uninstalled - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Uninstalled (/showthread.php?tid=97880)

Uninstalled by Stewie on 06-27-2011 at 01:40 AM

This is just a notification to the developers that, due to you installing your toolbar, changing my Chrome settings, adding "Plus World" without my permission, and changing my search provider, I'm uninstalling your product that, over the past year, has just become worse and worse, and less compatible with WLM.

Thanks for making the product when it was still good; best wishes luring customers to your search engine and toolbar against their will.

RE: Uninstalled by matty on 06-27-2011 at 12:47 PM

Not that I am defending their actions. The setup changed and now shows Quick Installation and Advanced Installation. The latter allows you to not install the sponsor. However Plus! World and the Plus! Service are installed by default. We are hoping this will change in the coming release(s).

Easily enough you can prevent the "service" from running by clicking Start and typing msconfig. Under the startup tab uncheck Plus! Service. As for Plus! World you can delete the shortcut from the desktop and the EXE from %ProgramFiles%\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!.

RE: Uninstalled by CookieRevised on 06-28-2011 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
...by clicking Start and typing msconfig.
I realy suggest to not use MSConfig for that. ;)
see CookieRevised's reply to Removing items from "msconfig"
RE: Uninstalled by matty on 06-28-2011 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I realy suggest to not use MSConfig for that.
see CookieRevised's reply to Removing items from "msconfig"
Really who cares :P This way they can enable it if they so want to :P
RE: Uninstalled by zl96 on 06-28-2011 at 08:54 PM

You are acting like a kid who don’t know how things are working with Free software
During the installation with one click you will not get a toolbar or sponsor or change search provider. (all Free software do that this is how they make money)
Desktop icon "Plus World" you can remove by simply delete it, what is the big deal about it anyway?
And the "service" is there to protect Messenger Plus! from other software like smiley central or Sweet IM who prevent messenger Plus! from working.
:o