Shoutbox

[split] my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [split] my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up (/showthread.php?tid=98008)

RE: my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up by MrPowered on 07-20-2011 at 05:21 PM

Hello,

I too have this problem.

Windows Live Messenger starts up fine - but when I double click a contact to talk to them it locks up for 30 seconds to a minute. The new contact window appears white and the whole of WLM just freezes until it loads the contact window.

Removing Messenger Plus! solves the problem.

I'm running Windows Messenger 2009 14.0.8117.416 with the latest Messenger Plus! Windows 7 Ultimate, running WLM in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 (2 doesn't fix it) so the Messenger icon is in the toolbar.

Thanks!

RE: my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up by Spunky on 07-20-2011 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whiz
If you uninstall Plus! does the problem still occur?

quote:
Originally posted by jdm_sam
yeah it does ive tried unistalling msn and plus and just re-installed msn on its own and it still did it

quote:
Originally posted by MrPowered
Removing Messenger Plus! solves the problem.

This is not the same problem then...
RE: my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up by MrPowered on 07-20-2011 at 05:32 PM

Well yes, it is - the user has Messenger Plus! which is causing this problem... We want to be able to use the add-on without experiencing massive lag problems.

RE: my msn keeps on freezing when it starts up by Spunky on 07-20-2011 at 05:38 PM

Re-read my post, it misquoted ;)

I'm going to split this thread as it will probably get more attention

Have you checked for any software on your PC that may have issues with Plus! or any other WLM add-ons?