Shoutbox

HELP! Changing Chat History Password. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HELP! Changing Chat History Password. (/showthread.php?tid=98218)

HELP! Changing Chat History Password. by LadyKattFW on 08-25-2011 at 01:10 AM

I can't remember my password/encryption for my chat logs. How do I reset it??

Thank you!

Ok, what I really need to know is...

Under Log Encryption, it allows you to activate a new password and re-encypt previous files. When I go to de-encrypt a file, it says that the password is invalid. How do I get the password to take hold so I can get into my chat logs? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

RE: HELP! Changing Chat History Password. by matty on 08-25-2011 at 10:39 AM

If you have forgotten your old password there is no way of changing it. Tha would defeat the purpose of a password. Think of any normal service, you need your old password before you can set a new one; Plus! is no different. Sorry!

RE: HELP! Changing Chat History Password. by LadyKattFW on 08-27-2011 at 05:59 AM

I figured it out, and YES there is away to change the password if you can't remember your old one.

RE: HELP! Changing Chat History Password. by whiz on 08-27-2011 at 03:59 PM

^o)  There isn't a way to access logs without the password, as Matty said.  You can re-encrypt logs, but that requires you to first decrypt them using the old password (or prompts for any old passwords whilst re-encrypting?  I haven't actually used the log encryption myself)...