Shoutbox

Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=98228)

Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by ian7878 on 08-29-2011 at 12:41 AM

Hello,

I have been trying to see who has deleted me from my msn messenger list.  The way I used to do it was by clicking Tools, Options, Privacy then it provided a "view" tab where I could see which people still had me on their contact list. 

But one day it just seemed to change.  Now when I click Tools, Options, Privacy there is no longer a "view" tab there to see who has me on their list.  There is just 2 tabs "edit settings" and "more information" both of which dont seem to lead anywhere. 

Has anyone else encountered this and if so how can I get back to seeing who still has me on their messenger contact list?

Thanx,

Ian

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by matty on 08-29-2011 at 01:50 AM

'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by ian7878 on 08-29-2011 at 06:01 AM

Thanx Matty, I didn't realize it was a mistake of the creator of windows live messenger.  I am not sure what to do now to see that feature... maybe install an old version of msn messenger?

not sure.. doesnt sound like it will ever be fixed.

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by whiz on 08-29-2011 at 12:13 PM

Installing an older version won't make the feature work since it's stopped working server-side.  Hence, this will affect all versions, plus any other IM clients.  There isn't a way of finding out this kind of information any more.

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by ian7878 on 09-01-2011 at 12:04 AM

Wow having more advancements with less ability for messenger sounds like quite a contradiction doesn't it? :S

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by matty on 09-01-2011 at 01:16 AM

It was a bug in the servers that allowed that to actually happen. Since then has been fixed for privacy reasons.

RE: Problem with being deleted on Windows Live Messenger by deyapretty on 10-03-2011 at 12:36 PM

well I think Windows Live Messenger updated the way WLM 2009 manages "deleted contacts" so it works like WLM 2011. If you delete someone (on WLM 2009), that person is automatically blocked now. Basically if one of your contacts doesn't appear online anymore all of a sudden, then he might have blocked you or deleted you.
I've tried with two of my accounts. I'm not sure about it though, would be worth trying.

EDIT: you must wait for 2 or 3 minutes more or less to see it.