Shoutbox

Sent messages sometimes don't go through - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Sent messages sometimes don't go through (/showthread.php?tid=98278)

Sent messages sometimes don't go through by Melp on 09-06-2011 at 07:06 PM

Windows XP SP3
Messenger Plus 5.02.0.712
WLM 2009 14.0.8117.416

Some of the messages I'm sending are getting through to my contacts and some don't.  It seems to appear after I've hidden my messenger with Ctrl+Space.  I don't know if it has something to do with it.  Has anyone else had that problem.

Thanks,

Mel

RE: Sent messages sometimes don't go through by Oxy on 09-06-2011 at 08:37 PM

are you receiving any any error messages?

RE: Sent messages sometimes don't go through by Melp on 09-07-2011 at 01:05 PM

No error message or anything.  Just people saying that I don't respond.

I have to add... sometimes I don't receive all the messages either.  I've updated the firmware on the router, and went back to an older version of Plus, but it still does it :(

RE: Sent messages sometimes don't go through by matty on 09-07-2011 at 06:41 PM

Plus! doesn't do anything with the protocol in which messages are sent and received. Messenger Plus! does everything it needs to do in memory.

RE: Sent messages sometimes don't go through by Melp on 09-08-2011 at 01:47 PM

I thought it had to do with Plus! since it happens when I hide messenger, which is a Plus! function.

RE: Sent messages sometimes don't go through by matty on 09-08-2011 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Melp
I thought it had to do with Plus! since it happens when I hide messenger, which is a Plus! function.
I can see why you would think that however all Messenger Plus! does is hides the windows. It doesn't intercept the messages or anything of that nature.

Everything continues to function as per usual in the background just hidden to the user.