Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 5.10 released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released (/showthread.php?tid=98282)

Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Nathalie on 09-07-2011 at 09:03 PM

Messenger Plus! Version 5.10 Released

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Oxy on 09-07-2011 at 10:38 PM

Havent properly visited the website for a while. Thought the design was coming along good, and was particularly please to hear about this new version!

but then i saw, the forums hadnt changed.

*sigh*

anyway, i will download the release promptly

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by CookieRevised on 09-07-2011 at 10:51 PM

congratz on the new release... but:

1) from the link http://www.msgplus.net/News/Messenger_Plus!_Version_5_10_Released!:

quote:
All builds of Messenger Plus! 5 support both Messenger 2011 and 2009 and can be downloaded at downloads (There is always only one build of Plus! 5 made available at this section).

the "downloads" link is wrong
(the prefix "http://" is forgotten, making the URL relative to the current page... aka 404)

2) And the wrong 'webinstaller' versions of all the translations are included (old ones) for the setup!! And the previous translation for Dutch instead of latest version for Plus!.

EDIT: both fixed
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by warmth on 09-07-2011 at 11:10 PM

Very nice... :D congrats guys!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Chancer on 09-07-2011 at 11:33 PM

Does this fix that bug with double smiles? (Is there an offline installer available?)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by CookieRevised on 09-08-2011 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
(Is there an offline installer available?)
Unfortunatly no, not at this time. Previous public build (716) didn't had an offline installer either btw.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Chancer on 09-08-2011 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Does this fix that bug with double smiles?
Yes, it's finally fixed!
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by matty on 09-08-2011 at 03:42 PM

Congrats on the release! A lot of hard work has gone into this release and we acknowledge that.

It is a shame however that the site, albeit improved, still isn't matching the quality of the software. I mean what is with the black bar behind the menu? Also why is there a green gradient above it? As you can tell from this message we all CLEARLY love gradients...

Lastly what is with the font in the news section not matching the font on the rest of the site? Inconsistencies like this are going to make people question the quality of product that is released.

By posting this I am simply trying to make a point.

Spoiler:
Congrats on the release! A lot of hard work has gone into this release and we acknowledge that.

It is a shame however that the site, albeit improved, still isn't matching the quality of the software. I mean what is with the black bar behind the menu? Also why is there a green gradient above it? As you can tell from this message we all CLEARLY love gradients...

Lastly what is with the font in the news section not matching the font on the rest of the site? Inconsistencies like this are going to make people question the quality of product that is released.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by whiz on 09-08-2011 at 06:08 PM

Some of these features do look quite interesting, will be fun to try them out.  And others...  well...

quote:
Originally posted by Changelog
...dancing Plussy...
Just what I always wanted!  8-)

Perhaps me just being really picky, but during the install, the taskbar button progress bar follows the download progress rather than install...  perhaps more logical to use installation progress?

Also, what is this?

Edit: grr, use of the word "plugins" instead of "scripts"...  :mipdodgy:  Script debugging, but plugin preferences?  *facepalm*

Also, since when does changing preferences require a UAC prompt?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1016807]

quote:
Originally posted by matty

Please tell me you didn't colour individual letters there...  :L

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Mnjul on 09-08-2011 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whiz

A simple program would've been able to do that automatically :p
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by matty on 09-08-2011 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
quote:

A simple program would've been able to do that automatically :p

Rofl: http://www.umop.net/sfx.htm
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Chancer on 09-08-2011 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Also, what is this?
I also noticed that. This is simply spamming!
Amazing how money can spoil good things...
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by MeEtc on 09-08-2011 at 09:00 PM

I posted this on the beta board a while ago. This is my thought on the new release:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1016815]

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by whiz on 09-08-2011 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I posted this on the beta board a while ago. This is my thought on the new release:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1016815]
Nooooooo...  that guy's everywhere though (preferences panel, animated button logo etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if he soon started giving pointless advice.  *-)
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by larry9801 on 09-12-2011 at 03:21 PM

Hi,

will the new version distributed with german language available?

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Sunshine on 09-12-2011 at 08:56 PM

Hi Larry,

We will have German available shortly, keep an eye on thge site for the new build ;)

Update: German is now in (build 748). The buildnumbers have not yet changed on the site but the download gives build 748 which includes German.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by dbgarza on 09-14-2011 at 01:45 AM

Plus 5.10 sure has interesting features but I couldn't use it because it did kept making my msn to use 50% of CPU even if it was to open a menu.

I returned to messenger plus 5.2 and all is back in order as in msn using 0% and all responsive.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by CookieRevised on 09-14-2011 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Plus 5.10 sure has interesting features but I couldn't use it because it did kept making my msn to use 50% of CPU even if it was to open a menu.

I returned to messenger plus 5.2 and all is back in order as in msn using 0% and all responsive.
Small note: Plus! 5.03.716 was the previous public version, not 5.02 ;)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by dbgarza on 09-14-2011 at 02:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
5.03.716 was the previous public version, not 5.02 ;)

Yeah but I missed that one due to first, not having enabled the automatic updates, and second due to have been busy with family issues :P

So that's why I had version 5.02 installed.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by gurleenkaur on 10-25-2011 at 11:25 AM

thank you for the info..

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by aNILEator on 10-31-2011 at 07:22 PM

not even the hardcore regulars use messenger much anymore, when i asked the 4 people left online in my list most replied they just haven't gotten around to unticking turn on at startup yet. Messenger is pretty much retired in favour of browser or mobile app based services it would seem despite trying to integrate with them it hasn't saved itself and the buyout of plus brought with it poor management and undesired features and community split, things may see a slight surge again when windows 8 comes out, but don't imagine many people will continue to use Messenger Plus, or rather Messenger Plus More Ad's!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by warmth on 11-02-2011 at 12:10 AM

Messenger Plus! for Windows Phone could be a great idea!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by Oxy on 11-02-2011 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth

thats a very small market
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by warmth on 11-02-2011 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
quote:
Originally posted by warmth

thats a very small market
With Nokia's partnership that's gonna change drastically in a very few time... have you seen the massive advertisement campaign? Nokia Lumia is everywhere less than a week after Nokia World 2011 (Nokia Windows Phone launch event) :-#
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.10 released by chris752 on 12-19-2011 at 06:09 PM

It lets me download it but when I go to run it it wont install, the install starts before downloading starts and tells me to try again later. Its been 2 weeks and i am tired of waiting. When you get it fixed or repackaged so it gives us the complete install from the start then email us all and I will try again.