Shoutbox

problem adding friends on windows live messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: problem adding friends on windows live messenger (/showthread.php?tid=98388)

problem adding friends on windows live messenger by daniel0200888 on 09-29-2011 at 03:42 AM

when i add a new friend on my windows live messenger i get this message....

it looks like example@hotmail.com doesn't use windows live yet. we sent an email message to them with instructions on how to connect with you on windows live.

is this an error and how do i solve it... or can i now only chat with windows live members?

RE: problem adding friends on windows live messenger by CookieRevised on 09-29-2011 at 11:16 AM

Make sure the email address you've entered is correct. It is not uncommon to enter a slightly wrong and thus unregistered email address (eg: jonhv@email.com instead of johnv@email.com and the likes).

Also, yes, you can only chat with people who have registered their email address as a Windows Live Account. This has always been the case.

Hotmail addresses are automatically considered Windows Live Accounts.
Note: only since a few years yahoo addresses are also automatically considered Windows Live Account so to speak. That is, the Windows Live chat network can also connect to the Yahoo chat network. All other addresses need explicit registration.