Shoutbox

Access MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger conversations, using a Closed Account? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Access MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger conversations, using a Closed Account? (/showthread.php?tid=98404)

Access MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger conversations, using a Closed Account? by jesse james on 10-04-2011 at 01:43 AM

Hi,

I hadn't used my MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger and Email accounts for 2 years; My accounts have been closed.

I read at Windows (Live) you are able to access MSN Messenger (and use it) if your associated Email account was closed. I tried but it doesn't work.

I would like to access the conversation history in my MSN Messenger accounts. I know it's possible without connecting to the MSN/Windows online service.

I have no idea if I need any special programs to view the chat logs of the conversations? The computer that has my MSN chat logs is an iMac (OS X Tiger).

I'm using a Sony Vaio (Windows Vista). I don't have the iMac at this moment, it's in storage. I have read the information available at the Windows (Live) website for "help".

Helpful information? :)

RE: Access MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger conversations, using a Closed Account? by CookieRevised on 10-04-2011 at 07:23 AM

You can not access/use Windows Live Messenger nor MSN Messenger if you do not have an active Windows Live account ("associated email account" as you call it).

Also, chat logs from Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger are not stored online. They are only stored on the computer you use Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger with. You can not read them if you do not have access to that computer! Thus, in your case I assume this is the iMac.

Chat logs are stored as XML files. Such files can also be read with the Internet Explorer browser or any other program which is capable of reading common XML files.