Shoutbox

Deleting Chat Logs via this website - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Deleting Chat Logs via this website (/showthread.php?tid=98494)

Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Prime on 10-30-2011 at 05:09 PM

It doesn't let me do it.

It says:

"An unhandled exception has occurred."

How do I get around this or delete my account?

RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Alexandre.Lefebvre on 10-31-2011 at 12:27 PM

The exception is thrown because the connection to the database timeout. The dev team found a fix for this but it wont be deploy until the new server is ready.

RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Prime on 11-07-2011 at 02:06 AM

Is there anyway I can remove my account for MSN Plus?

RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Alexandre.Lefebvre on 11-07-2011 at 01:17 PM

Only administrators can delete a user account. But delete your account wont delete the chat log from the server.

RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by matty on 11-07-2011 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alexandre.Lefebvre
Only administrators can delete a user account. But delete your account wont delete the chat log from the server.
Sounds like Facebook... if I want to delete my account you should also allow me to delete my data. What are you guys doing data mining?
RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Alexandre.Lefebvre on 11-07-2011 at 03:24 PM

No we don't do data mining?

The delete functionality wasn't implemented because it is an headache with several pitfall. Among other thing when you delete a profile what to do with things like forum posts, scripts, user reviews, etc...

Anyway, the problem of deleting chat log will be solve once we have the new server and that we can proceed with the deployment of the solution.

RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by matty on 11-07-2011 at 03:30 PM

The reason I mentioned data mining is because you aren't allowing the users to delete the files you host.

When a user closes their account here their name is changed to UserUserId but all of their other contributions remain. Private information should be removed during the closure of the account. Public information can stay...

RE: RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Alexandre.Lefebvre on 11-07-2011 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
The reason I mentioned data mining is because you aren't allowing the users to delete the files you host.

When a user closes their account here their name is changed to UserUserId but all of their other contributions remain. Private information should be removed during the closure of the account. Public information can stay...

What you are talking about is not data mining.
User can delete there logs and remove any private data from there profile and then never use the account again. A function that would do that automatically would surely make thing easier for user to leave, but that like shooting ourselves in the foot.
RE: Deleting Chat Logs via this website by Prime on 11-07-2011 at 04:00 PM

Pathetic.