Shoutbox

How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. (/showthread.php?tid=98534)

How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. by princess_sammy on 11-09-2011 at 10:33 AM

but keep my hotmail?

Basically when I look at my hotmail I just want to see my mail not the part where you see pictures, status updates and who your friends are etc

RE: How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. by Sunshine on 11-09-2011 at 10:48 AM

If I understand correctly you want to start with your inbox? To skip Windows Live Home when you sign in, change your settings as follows:

- go to hotmail.com and sign in
- click your name on top right
- choose options in the dropdown
- below header Home, click "Customize Windows Live Home"
- select "show me my inbox when I sign in"
- click save and you are done, next time when you log in on hotmail.com you will be led to your inbox directly

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1017747]

RE: How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. by princess_sammy on 11-09-2011 at 10:56 AM

Is there a way of permanently deleting it?

RE: How do I delete my Windows Live Profile.. by Sunshine on 11-09-2011 at 11:02 AM

You're welcome :)

Nope, it can not be deleted. It's just an extra service to your Windows Live ID. Anyway, if you set it as described above it should not bother you anymore, you go to inbox on signing in. Should you wish to visit the page every now and then it is still available to you without changing that option back. To do so hover the Windows Live logo top left and choose Home, or click Home at the bottom left.