Shoutbox

Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! (/showthread.php?tid=98725)

Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by Cr4z33 on 12-15-2011 at 09:29 AM

You people at Yuna Software might have gone nuts!?
What the hell are you trying to do by installing all that extra crap (see unwanted third-party softwares, the toolbar and the start page always set to http://www.plusnetwork.com/) EVEN IF I CHOOSED NOT TO INSTALL THEM. :@
Thanks God I have got Spy Sweeper and other usefull tools that detected all the shit you were trying to install!?

gg you lost a fan of MsgPlus (and I think I won't be the only one uninstalling your sw...) 8o| (N)

RE: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by x2zen on 12-15-2011 at 11:19 AM

The best way to get rid of the optional sponsor is by uninstalling it using Add/Remove Programs from the Windows control panel where you select Messenger Plus!.

Third-party "tools" will NOT uninstall the sponsor properly.

RE: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by Cr4z33 on 12-15-2011 at 11:23 AM

What I am saying is that I don't like to find out that 3rd party apps have been installed although I choosed not to install them during the setup!

RE: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by ethanp on 12-15-2011 at 11:26 AM

Wow. What is this, 2005?

This actually still happens?

RE: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by x2zen on 12-15-2011 at 11:27 AM

Are you absolutely sure that you didn't just accept the Terms & Conditions without reading?

And, it isn't really third-party apps that you got installed since the sponsor is Plus! Network

RE: Alot of crap installed with latest update. Goodbye! by Menthix on 12-15-2011 at 12:44 PM

Please continue in How do I prevent Plus! Network from changing my search engine in FireFox?.