Shoutbox

How to "reset" Messenger Plus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to "reset" Messenger Plus? (/showthread.php?tid=98757)

How to "reset" Messenger Plus? by rafaelwbr on 12-22-2011 at 07:57 PM

Hello.

I was setting some own events.. But now when I am online and set the status to offline (invisible) it open the custom status window and auto change the status to away. This happen just with the account that I have add some events. I have removoded all events but the account still set to away status..

How can I "reset" the plus settings? I think reseting it can fix it.

Thank you.

RE: How to "reset" Messenger Plus? by Alexandre.Lefebvre on 12-22-2011 at 08:57 PM

There is not reset feature that I know of for the Messenger Plus! preferences. However you could export your settings before stating experimenting and do an import if something goes wrong.

At this point I suggest that you remove all the configured presets in the personlized status section of the preferences window.

RE: How to "reset" Messenger Plus? by CookieRevised on 12-23-2011 at 12:59 AM

What Alexandre said is correct, however....

rafaelwbr, what do you exactly mean with "setting some own events"? Do you mean setting custom Event Notifications, or something else?

If the former, then by setting your own event notification alerts Plus! should never change your status to something else!
If it does, it is a bug!

But do make sure you don't have any scripts running which might be the culprint though; or that you have set a shortcut key which might also trigger another action like status change, etc. Either way, if this happened when simply setting a custom status notification and nothing else, then it is a bug.

The only time the custom status window should appear automatically is when you set your status to Away and when you have enabled that option in Messenger Plus!.