Shoutbox

Template message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Template message (/showthread.php?tid=98822)

Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 09:48 AM

Hello

I use my msn to write a lot of same stuff, for instance welcoming a new friend or something like that. Is it possible to make a button/rightclick/macro or similar (really not the best scripter, so I'm leaving the best solution choice to you guys) where the message is always the same, but the name is different, for instance "Hi <name> bla bla", where I would click the button in the conversation window or rightclick somewhere and I would get an input box of some kind where I would simply write down the name, after which the script would send the message template to whichever window is focused.

Is something like that possible? If you need more details please don't hesitate to contact me here or via pm.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Fisher

RE: Template message by CookieRevised on 01-19-2012 at 10:13 AM

Such functionality is already build into Plus! as a basic feature.
You do not need any scripting for that...

Go to the Quick Text options and create a quicktext, using the (!P) tag. You can assign either a macro command or a predefined hotkey. When the command or hotkey is entered a popup will appear where you can fill in the variable paramater....

Plus! > Preferences & Options > Features > Quick Texts

Example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1018760]

If you want anything more fancy you do need scripts though.

RE: Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 11:09 AM

Whoa I didn't know it works like this. Thanks a lot buddy, I owe you a beer or something :)

Have a great day!
Fisher

Oh 1 more thing, I forgot about this, is there a way to use 1 shortcut to send something to all open chats? Or everyone online thats in a certain MSN cathegory such as "Friends" ? Its always the same text etc, I just wanna hit lets say alt + shift + g and it should write the same for everyone, either open chats or to all my Friends.

Thank you and have a great day!
Fisher
RE: Template message by Spunky on 01-19-2012 at 12:43 PM

Start your message with /all to send it to all open conversation windows

RE: Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 12:57 PM

THANK YOU! I love you guys <3

Have a great day!!!!

RE: Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 01:05 PM

One more small thing, how do i use (!P) for 2 different inputs? For instance I wanna say Hello (!P) how would you like some (!P) today?

They are different words so I need 2 input boxes, should I just add something or..?

Thanks and have a great day!
Fisher

Edit : when I use /all message it does send to all, but it writes /all just for first windows for instance : /all message
and for rest it just writes message, any way to avoid this? Thanks!

Edit 2 : I made /all work by making it work on hotkey rather then / command. I still need the 2 variable command tho :)

RE: Template message by Spunky on 01-19-2012 at 04:30 PM

Not an expert on quick texts, but I think if you use a second (!P) it should ask you to set it the same as the first in another window (one after the other)

RE: Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 06:48 PM

I've tried that but if I put (!P) twice, it asks for input only once and I then replaces both (!P) with the same thing, however, I need it to be different. Tried (!P1) as well :P

RE: Template message by CookieRevised on 01-19-2012 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fisher
I've tried that but if I put (!P) twice, it asks for input only once and I then replaces both (!P) with the same thing, however, I need it to be different. Tried (!P1) as well :P
You can't use it for more than one input (as you've already noticed). There is no other usable tag for multiple inputs.
If you want anything more than a single input via a standard input dialog popup, you'd need to create a script.

quote:
Originally posted by Fisher
Edit : when I use /all message it does send to all, but it writes /all just for first windows for instance : /all message
and for rest it just writes message, any way to avoid this? Thanks!
I'm afraid you just discovered a bug :P

It is not suppose to do that; it should actually _not_ parse the '/all' command at all, in no window, if you have selected 'normal' mode as line break up type (which is selected by default when you create a new Quick Text).

However, it will work as intended if you select 'create multiple messages' for the line break type.

In 'multiple messages' mode you can enter a different individual messages or commands on each new line in the text box.
In 'normal' mode the whole contents of the text box is seen (at least should be seen) as one literal message, thus without command interpretation.

In other words, if you use a command as text (like /all blahblah), you must select 'multiple messages' as line break type.
RE: Template message by Fisher on 01-19-2012 at 08:51 PM

Hello

Yeah thanks for input on that, but it somehow works if you put hotkey instead of /spam command there :D

About the 2 variables here's the deal :

I usually write something like :

Hello bla bla on *name* bla bla *ammount*

Now here's the kicker. Instead of name, I can put a word one of about 250. Instead of ammount, most of the time its fixed, but sometimes not. So a dropdown menu for name would be okay, but i'd rather simply have the box where I type in what its suppose to say.

How hard would that be to make? I'm really not a scripter, so any help would be deeply appreciated! I'm also up for the dropdown menu for *name* if that is easier, but whoever helps me make this would have to explain how do I input 250 different names to choose from.

Thank you so much for your help, and have a great day!
Fisher