Shoutbox

Personalized status very annoying problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Personalized status very annoying problem (/showthread.php?tid=98923)

Personalized status very annoying problem by cesm1980 on 02-18-2012 at 08:07 AM

Ever since Messenger Plus for msn 2011 came that there is a annoying problem that i am unable to avoid, if i create a new personalized status assigning a personal message, and assign any global keyboard shortcut to it, everytime i try to activate the personalized status with the keyboard shortcut, i get the personal message that i choosed, typed byitself in whatever window that have focus at the moment (like macro programs do when sending keystrokes), even inside msn itself !
For example if i am searching a contact on msn and press the shortcut key, the personal message just gets pasted to that field, it seems that plus just send keystrokes to the screen to change the personal message on msn to whatever has the focus at the moment, and this of course is very annoying, it's stupid having to always have the main msn window on focus without being on any text field to avoid this keystroke pasting to happen (it's the only way to avoid this). Or, if i use the mouse to change the personalized status on the dropdown list on msn this doesn't happen anymore, it seems it only happens when triggered by the keyboard shortcut.

Did anyone ever noticed this ? Is this not possible to fix?? In msn 2009 i never had this behavior at all...

RE: Personalized status very annoying problem by matty on 02-18-2012 at 12:27 PM

Likely a bug that wasn't caught during testing. It should be easy enough for them to fix.

RE: Personalized status very annoying problem by cesm1980 on 02-18-2012 at 12:32 PM

Yeah i hope, because it's been already a few updates since the new plus for msn 2011 came and the problem always persists. Anyway this is the correct place to report bugs, right ? I mean, they usually check these posts or it's necessary a more direct contact?

RE: Personalized status very annoying problem by matty on 02-18-2012 at 12:36 PM

This is the correct place yes. You can also email them at support@kimahrisoftware.com.