Shoutbox

[split] Plus! 5.11 Brazilian translation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [split] Plus! 5.11 Brazilian translation (/showthread.php?tid=98925)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.11 for Windows Live Messenger by Chancer on 02-14-2012 at 05:33 PM

quote:
The Portuguese version of the software has been localized for our vast user base in Brazil, so you can choose between both Portuguese flavors
On Language settings, I can only see one "Portuguese", where is the Brazilian translation?
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.11 for Windows Live Messenger by CookieRevised on 02-15-2012 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
On Language settings, I can only see one "Portuguese", where is the Brazilian translation?
You first have to install Messenger Plus! before you can select the Brazillian Portuguese version.
The setup itself does not contain a Brazillian Portuguese version.

This disconnection and thus difference between the setup translation and the program translation is something I've been warning and telling Yuna from the start they shouldn't do!! There should only be 1 file for the setup and the program, not two seperate files (which aren't even always updated by Yuna, even if the translator provided it).

PS: also note that both Portuguese flavors contain errors though.
(I'm not talking about spelling/grammar mistakes, but about formatting errors in the file, which makes that certain keys are not translated properly... and there are some keys missing, double keys, etc...)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.11 for Windows Live Messenger by Chancer on 02-17-2012 at 04:58 PM

I did install it. In fact, I just read about this new translation after installing, and then I went to the settings (not) to find it.

I used the auto-update feature. Perhaps if I download on the site it might work.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.11 for Windows Live Messenger by Chancer on 02-19-2012 at 02:38 PM

And... nope. No PT-BR here...

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.11 for Windows Live Messenger by CookieRevised on 02-19-2012 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
I used the auto-update feature. Perhaps if I download on the site it might work.
Auto-update always lacks behind (this is by design - to spread server load).

The stuff talked about on the main website is always from the latest build (at this moment this is 5.11.759). So if you want to have the latest version _now_, you need to manually download and install it.

After installing you should see this in the language selection preferences dialog in Plus!:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1019211]
again note: this isn't available (yet) in the setup itself though.

---------------------------------------------

EDIT: UPDATE

Since the first initial release (on februari 7th), Yuna has updated the setup, and again today (februari 19th).

But they somehow screwed up.

1) They included the 'Plus! for Skype' language libraries (SkLanguages.rar) and various other 'Plus! for Skype' related libraries (Addon-SkPlusBinaries.rar, Shared-SkPlusBinaries.rar, Addon-SkExtraFiles.rar) for some reason. That's 13MB of useless downloads.

2) But more importantly for this issue: the Portuguese Brazilian translation file (Lng_PortugueseBrazilian.ini), found in the language library (Languages.rar), is not installed with this new setup.

A clear case of mixing up the latest libraries and code with older and newer files and such I think.... (and since new setups are never send to beta testers first, such screwups are not detected before the public gets their hands on it).

--

If you want to install the Portuguese Brazilian translation manually:
  1. Run the Plus! setup and let it install, but do not close the setup when it finishes!
  2. Go to your Windows temporary folder (eg: C:\Windows\Temp) and search for a submap named "msgpl_XXXX.tmp" where XXXX is a hexadecimal number.
    There are two of such maps, find the one which contains the most files.
  3. In that map you've found in step 2, find the file "Languages.rar".
    This is a RAR archive which you can open using WinRar or similar archive program.
  4. From that archive, extract the file "Lng_PortugueseBrazilian.ini" to your Plus! languages map (eg: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus!\Languages)
  5. Close the Plus! setup and open Windows Live Messenger

PS: as such, I've also requested that this issue is split out in its own bug report thread - thanks Menthix ;)
RE: [split] Plus! 5.11 Brazilian translation by Sunshine on 02-20-2012 at 11:35 AM

All issues are reported, thanks :)

RE: [split] Plus! 5.11 Brazilian translation by Chancer on 05-07-2012 at 02:39 AM

Sorry for bumping this after 3 months. Looks like the installer is now OK and extracts the PT-BR file as it should.
I thought it would be great to see the effort to have such translations after years of requests and third-party support.
Unfortunately, it seems that this translation is merely a "find and replace all" job based on the PT-PT.
Obviously quality hasn't been a commitment for quite a long time, and this is just another piece of evidence. :/