Shoutbox

Plus winks does not works with skins? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Plus winks does not works with skins? (/showthread.php?tid=98991)

Plus winks does not works with skins? by blu3ang31 on 03-04-2012 at 05:24 PM

Hello..could anyone help me please?
After the last Plus update there are the new winks, which does not appear at the standard emoticon/winks panel, but have another icon. They do not work with the /wink command either, but that is another issue.
[Image: image000lv.jpg]
My problem is that the icon for new winks does not appear at my  favorite skins: Agaeti and Messenger Live Toolbox.

So my question is: If i want use winks I must stay at default messenger without skin ( only with changed background) ?  Or is there any way to fix this, so can use the winks and the skins together?

PS: I have tried some other skins too, the icon is gone with most of them, the only exception was the skin Honeycomb.

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by Spunky on 03-04-2012 at 06:53 PM

I think the button will not show as the skins do not know it exists and so can not recreate it. The skins need to be updated to include the extra button. It is possible to do this yourself. I'm not fantastic at skinning, but may be able to do it (got loads of uni work to do first though unfortunately)

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by Axtinguisher on 03-05-2012 at 02:16 PM

I believe is a skin design problem, The winks button didn't exist back when then when they created their skin controls. You would have to count on the skin creators to update their skins with the new Winks button.

Hopefuly they're reading this ;)

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blu3ang31 on 03-06-2012 at 06:19 PM

Thank you for both of your responses.  Hope sooner or later someone will fix it. I really want my skins back.  :'(

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by Axtinguisher on 03-06-2012 at 09:50 PM

You can try posting directly on the [Released, v1.10] Agaeti thread on this forum:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=95651

Surely blessedguy still reads it from time to time ;)

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blessedguy on 03-11-2012 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Axtinguisher
Surely blessedguy still reads it from time to time
I read it when I get reply notifications :P

I'll take a look at it and update it.
RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blu3ang31 on 03-11-2012 at 04:22 PM

Wow, thank youuuuu, that would be great !!!!
I'm sorry that I'm again complaining, but I really love your skin since you showed me how can use my own backgrounds :D

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blessedguy on 03-11-2012 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blu3ang31
Wow, thank youuuuu, that would be great !!!!
I'm sorry that I'm again complaining, but I really love your skin since you showed me how can use my own backgrounds :D
There's no problem :P

I was going to update it to include a script to automate that, maybe it will get done someday.
RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blessedguy on 03-12-2012 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Thank you for both of your responses.  Hope sooner or later someone will fix it. I really want my skins back.  :'(
Hi there, again :P Check out Agaeti 1.11, it will let you enable Plus! Winks now :)
RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by Nathalie on 03-13-2012 at 12:12 PM

Great!  @blessedguy  Is there any script or workaround that would update all the skins or does each skin developer have to do that by him/herself?

RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blessedguy on 03-13-2012 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Great!  @blessedguy  Is there any script or workaround that would update all the skins or does each skin developer have to do that by him/herself?

Well, it's just a matter of adding a few lines of code to the right files, but then you'd be changing someone else's work.

Maybe an email could be sent to all developers making them aware of these new buttons and how to bring them back, we have received emails for features which required changes before (A)
RE: RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by blu3ang31 on 03-14-2012 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Hi there, again :P Check out Agaeti 1.11, it will let you enable Plus! Winks now :)

Thank YOU!!! Did i already said that you are the best??? If not, so saying it now.. Yes, you are  :D
RE: Plus winks does not works with skins? by tomperrino on 03-26-2012 at 09:13 PM

blu3ang31, if you finish your work share it with us please, I wanna take a look around