Shoutbox

Saving chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Saving chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=99284)

Saving chat logs by bluelines on 05-12-2012 at 09:15 AM

Not sure whether this is a MsgPlus-solvable issue, or if it possibly belongs in the scripting forum, but here goes:

When I'm not on my home computer (where I use WLM) I use eBuddy, which unfortunately doesn't save chat logs. But thanks to the Multiple Points of Presence feature (which is great), I can leave my home computer logged onto MSN while I log into eBuddy elsewhere, and wherever I am the messages I send and receive on eBuddy will appear (and are saved) on my home WLM client.

While this works fine, I'm wondering if there's another way to achieve this result.

RE: Saving chat logs by CookieRevised on 05-19-2012 at 12:20 AM

Not really.

Any other method would involve installing something on the remote computer, which in essence will do the exact same thing as MPOP already does. So, the MPOP feature is the most easy (and out-of-the-box) method to do what you want.

Another way would be to remotely log into your home computer in some way (there are tools for that) and use Messenger that way (thus remotely on your own computer). But this too usually requires some third party program and/or is slow.

RE: Saving chat logs by bluelines on 05-22-2012 at 12:59 PM

If only eBuddy would save chats, there wouldn't be this problem.

I'm thinking you could set up an online login form that mimics the MPOP feature - connects to the MSN server and receives messages all in a web-based form, and then saves them.