Shoutbox

Ignore Script.. anyone please? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Ignore Script.. anyone please? (/showthread.php?tid=99331)

Ignore Script.. anyone please? by dudetampa on 05-27-2012 at 02:04 AM

Hi guys, i was looking foward a MsgPlus script that will ignore an specific e-mail. For example, i don't want to block the e-mail, i want to the person still be able to see me online, but when this person talk to me, the windows automatically closes or doesn't even show up. Anyone can make this?
I searched but i couldn't find one like this.
Thanks for the attention.

RE: Ignore Script.. anyone please? by whiz on 05-27-2012 at 08:32 AM

Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(pChatWnd, sOrigin, sMessage, nMessageKind)
{
    if (sOrigin === "<name of person to block>")
    {
        pChatWnd.SendMessage("/close");
    }
}

This will close the conversation window when the blocked person sends you a message.  Note that you have to block by name, not by email, so anyone with the same full name will also be blocked.
RE: Ignore Script.. anyone please? by Spunky on 05-27-2012 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whiz
Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(pChatWnd, sOrigin, sMessage, nMessageKind)
{
    if (sOrigin === "<name of person to block>")
    {
        pChatWnd.SendMessage("/close");
    }
}

This will close the conversation window when the blocked person sends you a message.  Note that you have to block by name, not by email, so anyone with the same full name will also be blocked.

Could iterate the contacts in the chat window and do it by email that way. Names are (were) likely to change often making it unreliable. I could see this being more annoying though as every message will play the new message sound. A better option may be to just use the API to hide the window...
RE: Ignore Script.. anyone please? by dudetampa on 05-28-2012 at 02:40 AM

So there's no way i could do this by e-mail? :(

RE: Ignore Script.. anyone please? by Spunky on 05-28-2012 at 06:30 AM

The actual premise is the flaw. Just closing or hiding the window is not going to stop the new message notification sounds or toast messages. You won't actually be able to ignore the contact