Shoutbox

Problems opening WLM/Windows Live Essentials - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems opening WLM/Windows Live Essentials (/showthread.php?tid=99397)

Problems opening WLM/Windows Live Essentials by metra on 06-20-2012 at 03:09 AM

About a month and a half ago, Windows Live Messenger suddenly stopped opening on my computer. No matter how many times I clicked it, it wouldn't open. I un-installed it and re-installed it, went to my control panel and clicked "repair", but nothing was working. It also was slowing my computer down. So eventually I went online and downloaded the older version of MSN and it worked perfectly. This evening, however, it forced me to re-install the newer version of MSN and I have been trying all night to get it to open, but nothing is working. I don't know how to change my settings, or if a file is corrupted or what, but I would really appreciate some help!

RE: Problems opening WLM/Windows Live Essentials by matty on 06-20-2012 at 04:25 PM

Have you enabled compatibility mode or do you have any other addons installed?

RE: RE: Problems opening WLM/Windows Live Essentials by metra on 06-20-2012 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Have you enabled compatibility mode or do you have any other addons installed?

The compatibility mode says that it's on. I don't know what you mean by add ons. I'm sorry, im quite slow with this stuff