Shoutbox

*** Video Sharing doesn't work *** - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: *** Video Sharing doesn't work *** (/showthread.php?tid=99448)

*** Video Sharing doesn't work *** by jenkag on 07-06-2012 at 09:32 PM

Hey there dear Messenger Plus! (for Skype)

Well, sadly the new function for video sharing doesn't work.
I've tried sharing a YouTube video and a normal file and it simply doesn't work - it just plays the video on my computer and that's it...

Waiting for your reply,
      John.

P.s.
While you're fixing this issue - when I tried to share a video from a file, I got a message saying that I should be in a call for this to work.
I see no need in that, for example: if I'm sharing an emotion - I don't need to be in a call for that, same should go for the video sharing.

RE: *** Video Sharing doesn't work *** by Axtinguisher on 07-09-2012 at 06:16 PM

Hello,
Regarding you video sharing problems, you have to remember that you definitely need to have a call (audio/video) in progress for these features to properly work ;)
If that wasn't the issue, giving us some extra info would greatly help us find what might be wrong.
Info like your system specs, for example:

What version of Skype are you running?
What is your Operating System?
What is your current video card?

Now regarding your P.S. note:
Not being able to share a local video file without a video call in progress seems to be a normal thing. Who would you be sharing it with if you are not in a video call? Now, If you need to preview it, simply use your local media player for that end.

Sharing emotions/winks/sounds work a bit differently though, mainly because we can also share them through a regular chat conversation in which there is no need for a video display. So that's mainly why the local video sharing feature only works with a call in progress.

Thanx for taking the time and posting in the forums! :)

RE: *** Video Sharing doesn't work *** by jenkag on 07-09-2012 at 08:05 PM

Hello,

First, I would like to say that I've test this matter on several computers and on several accounts - same result.

Second, I know that I need to be in call to make this work (although I see no reason too) and I've tested this while I'm in a call.

Third, regarding your questions (I don't think this will be relevant since I wrote to you that I've test this on several computers & accounts) but no problem:
1) Skype - latest version (5.10.0.115)
2) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
3) Nvidia GeForce GT 520 (with the latest driver - just checked).

Anyways, about your reply on my "P.S." - I still believe that one should be able to at least config this option in the setting (maybe not everyone wants to be in a conversation in order to share a video, I hope you can understand/relate to this.

Best,
      John.

RE: *** Video Sharing doesn't work *** by Axtinguisher on 07-09-2012 at 08:48 PM

Ok, so let’s try and figure this one out.

1-Do you have an actual physical web cam plugged into your computer?

2-Can you apply any other video features such as the Video FX and the Overlay Images to your video calls without any problems?

3-Are you positive you have a video call in progress and if so; can you see your active camera's feed in the Skype’s video window?

4-Once you select a local video file from the «Share a video» window and click «Share Video», what happens to your camera's video feed?

Could you please include a screenshot of your desktop where we can see both your «Share Video» window and your Skype's video window once you have started sharing your video, it’d be of great help as well (An image is worth a thousand words)

Thanx for taking some of your time to check this one out!

RE: *** Video Sharing doesn't work *** by jenkag on 07-09-2012 at 10:28 PM

Hey, I've just noticed that I needed to use video-call (I thought a normal call should take) - now it works - thank you!