Shoutbox

Webcam plug-in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Webcam plug-in (/showthread.php?tid=99532)

Webcam plug-in by Freakerz on 08-12-2012 at 05:22 PM

I have installed the newest version of Messenger Plus!, and as i opened a conversation window, i was asked to install a webcam plug-in.

Now, how do i uninstall it again, without complete uninstall Messenger Plus?

RE: Webcam plug-in by Gothiko on 08-12-2012 at 05:42 PM

I am also have the same issue, in that i installed the webcam plugins for filters and effects, but now i dont want them. i have repaired Messenger Plus, i have also re-installed it, but i still have ( for some unknown reason) multiple copies of messenger plus! virtual camera in my list of cameras. this is a problem for me, because if i am trying to select a webcam to use, say on the internet, and i have open the drop down menu, i cannot scroll down or access my actual camera due to Messenger Plus! virtual camera blocking up the menu. help?!

RE: Webcam plug-in by matty on 08-12-2012 at 10:49 PM

Again another reason Yuna why you shouldn't release an application without it being tested.

Device Manager > Imaging Devices > Remove the virtual cameras.

RE: Webcam plug-in by Gothiko on 08-13-2012 at 02:30 PM

unfortunately, the cameras are not showing up in the device manager, anywhere! yet ive checked the page which asks for use of my camera and microphone, and i still have the list of plus cameras :( could it be that i need to restart my computer and my browser? because i dont turn my computer off, merely put it on standby overnight?

RE: Webcam plug-in by soraxsara on 09-01-2012 at 12:08 PM

hey i was want to remove messnger plus webcam too
but when i saw this topic i feel bad because the webcam wasn't in
Imaging Devices :P
i tried to search and i found it :
go to Device Manager > Sound , video and game controllers
you will found
Messenger Plus! Virtual Camera
right click
Uninstall
done .

RE: Webcam plug-in by Gothiko on 09-01-2012 at 06:47 PM

i have NO idea how i did it, but i now no longer have the messenger cam plug in installed on my computer! happy days :) but i went into the control panel > programs > uninstall program and then deleted any relevant programs related to messenger plus! cam plug ins, not to mention i re-installed plus! 5 for good effect, and that hopefully has done the trick (i have also gone through at least 2 update restarts so that may have had something to do with it)

and as a final note, i downloaded a piece of nifty software recently called glary utilities, which cleans up your computer. i suggest this for potential getting rid of anything you dont want!