Shoutbox

Online logs: Discontinuation of service - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Online logs: Discontinuation of service (/showthread.php?tid=99547)

Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Nathalie on 08-20-2012 at 03:16 PM

Online logs [url] http://www.msgplus.net/Features/Messenger-Plus-Live#LogStorage[/url] lets you view your online Windows Live Messenger chat log directly from the msgplus.net website when logged into your Messenger Plus! account.

By the end of November, Yuna Software will discontinue support for chat logs online for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.  We are developing a function so that you can download your chat log history.   

Although you can still save your chat logs online in the meantime, we strongly recommend that you start saving your chat logs locally.

Please keep your eye on posts in the forum for further information regarding this issue.

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by matty on 08-20-2012 at 03:46 PM

Wow...

One step forward in the right direction with cloud based computing and 10 giant steps back...

RE: RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Salem on 08-20-2012 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Wow...

One step forward in the right direction with cloud based computing and 10 giant steps back...

Exactly, a couple steps backward

Why is this being discontinued?

Really starting to lose faith in MsgPlus! Since the Yuna takeover/sale :(

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by ahmetgns on 08-20-2012 at 06:14 PM

I am not using it so it won't affect me. But I am wondering how much people and what percentage of Plus! users were using it? Can you give statistics about this feature?

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by matty on 08-20-2012 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I am not using it so it won't affect me. But I am wondering how much people and what percentage of Plus! users were using it? Can you give statistics about this feature?
Chances are they won't. But I am really wondering what the reasoning is behind this. What it likely comes down to is the bottom line. The service is likely costing them too much money.

Next thing you're going to see is in app advertisements. You'll be in the Preferences & Options window and will see a text advertisement somewhere.
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by ethanp on 08-20-2012 at 09:21 PM

quote:
The service is likely costing them too much money.

lol.

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by CookieRevised on 08-20-2012 at 09:21 PM

Very slow, unreliabe, not secure, etc.... And don't get me started on the actual user interface of the online chat logging feature... very very inconvenient and user unfriendly....

And I suspect, judging from bug reports and people complaining on these forums, that I'm far from the only one thinking that. As such, I guess that the usage level has seriously dropped. Making it also not worth the costs anymore...

Just my 2 cents of speculation....
I once used it too, until I got fed up with all the problems related to it, so....

So, imho, removing that feature is long overdue (but I do hope that someday a better online logging system will be created.... one where you can choose your host, etc).

quote:
Next thing you're going to see is in app advertisements. You'll be in the Preferences & Options window and will see a text advertisement somewhere.
Nothing new. Patchou did that before too (Plus! 3? or was it Plus! 2 ???). Either way, people have even suggested this as an alternative for the adware. So, it wont be too bad if they did that.
I would welcome something like that over adware anyday tbh (as long as it doesn't "take over" the settings dialogs and as long as it doesn't slow the viewing of dialogs down) .

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Spunky on 08-21-2012 at 11:00 AM

A step back? Sure. But like Cookie said, it wasn't great to begin with. The cost was probably too much. My concern is that a huge portion of the userbase (read: nearly all) don't use the forums and will probably have no indication that their logs will be unavailable after a certain date. I think we're going to get a lot of posts about this from annoyed and angry users.

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by matty on 08-21-2012 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Nothing new. Patchou did that before too (Plus! 3? or was it Plus! 2 ???). Either way, people have even suggested this as an alternative for the adware. So, it wont be too bad if they did that.
I would welcome something like that over adware anyday tbh (as long as it doesn't "take over" the settings dialogs and as long as it doesn't slow the viewing of dialogs down) .
I don't recall Cyril doing this at all! And you're right it is a welcomed change.

I was logged out of WLM and continually received Plus! promotions while logged out. I will screenshot it again but seriously it is ridiculous the software is so riddled with advertisements!

I also love how the thread gets a notification then no responses...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1021331]
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Chrono on 08-24-2012 at 07:00 AM

Patchou never did that Cookie. There was concept art of it though, i probably have a backup of that image somewhere :P

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by CookieRevised on 08-24-2012 at 07:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Patchou never did that Cookie. There was concept art of it though, i probably have a backup of that image somewhere :P
Ah!... I knew I saw it somewhere....
Thanks for clearing that up!
RE: RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Chrono on 08-26-2012 at 02:29 AM

quote:
quote:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1021426]

There
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by matty on 08-26-2012 at 01:56 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1021426]

There
It is a little bit of an oxymoron. Allow me to show ads in the preferences window but allow me to hide the ads in the main application LOL!
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by dakara on 09-03-2012 at 06:47 PM

I cant upload chatlog ON thesedays, does it have something wrong about sever???? THX!!

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by jutom on 09-12-2012 at 10:16 PM

seriously, this prob should be fixed as soon as possible... -.-

RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by matty on 09-13-2012 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jutom
Fix something that is going to be discontinued? Where is the logic in this?
RE: RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by jutom on 09-14-2012 at 08:46 AM

quote:
quote:

By the end of November, Yuna Software will discontinue support for chat logs online for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.

Are we having november or what?
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by foaly on 09-14-2012 at 09:03 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

By the end of November, Yuna Software will discontinue support for chat logs online for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.

winter is coming, sooner then expected...
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by CookieRevised on 09-14-2012 at 10:07 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, but it speaks for its own that they are not going to put all their resources into fixing something which is going to be discontinued in a month and a half, especially not when a new version of Plus! is in the makes and requires all their time and effort.
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by Menthix on 09-14-2012 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
winter is coming, sooner then expected...
[Image: 7010419981_0582a1e7e3_c.jpg]
RE: Online logs: Discontinuation of service by neo_111 on 09-15-2012 at 03:28 PM

If Online Log will be discontinued there is no reason to keep using Messenger Plus, online logs was the major reason to me for using Messenger plus.

hugs

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie

Online logs [url] http://www.msgplus.net/Features/Messenger-Plus-Live#LogStorage[/url] lets you view your online Windows Live Messenger chat log directly from the msgplus.net website when logged into your Messenger Plus! account.

By the end of November, Yuna Software will discontinue support for chat logs online for Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.  We are developing a function so that you can download your chat log history.   

Although you can still save your chat logs online in the meantime, we strongly recommend that you start saving your chat logs locally.

Please keep your eye on posts in the forum for further information regarding this issue.