Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=99549)

Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 08-21-2012 at 10:08 AM

Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live™ Messenger 2012

Yuna Software has released a new version of Messenger Plus! 5.5 which supports Microsoft’s Windows Live Messenger (WLM) 2012.

All Plus! features are compliant with Live Messenger 2012 except for skins. We are planning to support skins for WLM 2012 in the next official release targeted for next month.

There is no change in compliance with WLM 2011 and WLM 2009. 

You can download the software from our website here

RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Spunky on 08-21-2012 at 10:55 AM

Huge version increase, then no version increase? How are people supposed to be able to distinguish between a compatible and incompatible MP! 5.5? Please tell me it's at least a different build number

RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 08-21-2012 at 10:57 AM

Yes, different build number, 763

RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Apatik on 08-21-2012 at 08:02 PM

You're probably aware of the issue already but I'm getting spam through the msgplus.net messaging system. And that sucks. Please fix that.

I know I'm totally off-topic but CBA searching for an existing thread, and I don't want to post in the Forum & Website subforum because I'm blindly assuming the Yuna folks aren't reading it. Sorry about that mods.

RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Menthix on 08-21-2012 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
CBA searching for an existing thread
Just so happens to be someone created a thread on the same subject today: Closing my msgplus.net account? :p
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by MELERIX on 08-22-2012 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live™ Messenger 2012

Yuna Software has released a new version of Messenger Plus! 5.5 which supports Microsoft’s Windows Live Messenger (WLM) 2012.

All Plus! features are compliant with Live Messenger 2012 except for skins. We are planning to support skins for WLM 2012 in the next official release targeted for next month.

There is no change in compliance with WLM 2011 and WLM 2009. 

You can download the software from our website here

now it crash on WXP SP3 and WLM 2009 when you click on "Video Options" :S

seems something in "Video Options" is not compatible with CPU that doesn't have SSE2, like: AMD Athlon XP and AMD Sempron (Socked A).

please fix.

[Image: 2lu5m5v.gif]
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 08-22-2012 at 08:27 AM

quote:
You're probably aware of the issue already but I'm getting spam through the msgplus.net messaging system. And that sucks. Please fix that.

I know I'm totally off-topic but CBA searching for an existing thread, and I don't want to post in the Forum & Website subforum because I'm blindly assuming the Yuna folks aren't reading it. Sorry about that mods.

Could you please send me a sample mail so we can try to track down the roots?  You can send it to nathalie @ yunasoftware.com
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Apatik on 08-22-2012 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Could you please send me a sample mail so we can try to track down the roots?  You can send it to nathalie @ yunasoftware.com
It's actually the very same foaly posted there : foaly's reply to Closing my msgplus.net account?.

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
CBA searching for an existing thread
Just so happens to be someone created a thread on the same subject today: Closing my msgplus.net account? :p
And yeah, I'm that lazy hahaha! (L)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 08-27-2012 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MELERIX

seems something in "Video Options" is not compatible with CPU that doesn't have SSE2, like: AMD Athlon XP and AMD Sempron (Socked A).

please fix.

We support Intel processors.  We do not officially support AMD K7 processors.
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Spunky on 08-27-2012 at 10:20 AM

quote:
We do not officially support AMD K7 processors

I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere. Would kind have been useful to know maybe?
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by CookieRevised on 08-27-2012 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere. Would kind have been useful to know maybe?
Indeed.
And even more importantly, if AMD K7 isn't supported a message should be shown if detected, instead of a crash. :/
(that should be a basic programming skill)
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by matty on 08-27-2012 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Indeed.
And even more importantly, if AMD K7 isn't supported a message should be shown if detected, instead of a crash. :/
(that should be a basic programming skill)
It isn't an bug it is an unexpected feature.
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Mnjul on 08-27-2012 at 04:31 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MELERIX

please fix.

Do you support Pentium II? :zippy:
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by MELERIX on 08-27-2012 at 07:50 PM

quote:

that is not true... there is nothing mentioned about this in the changelogs or in the sys requirements to use MsgPlus.

I was using MsgPlus properly during all this years with my AMD CPU.

and now just fail with MsgPlus 5.5 and video options.

please fix!
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 08-30-2012 at 03:29 PM

The reference to AMD K7 processors had to do specifically with the special video effects.  The users with these processors can disable this feature for now until a fix is provided for in the future.   

RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by matty on 08-30-2012 at 04:40 PM

quote:
The reference to AMD K7 processors had to do specifically with the special video effects.  The users with these processors can disable this feature for now until a fix is provided for in the future.
If this was known before the release then it should have been disabled automatically by the software and information posted on the website documenting such. If it wasn't than an immediate release of the software disabling the feature for users with incompatible processors is in order. But wait you cannot do that now can you...

Allowing the software to crash the host application full knowing of the issues at hand is immensely disrespectful to your users and absolutely damaging to the reputation.

It was very rare that, under the guidance of Cyril, did the software cause issues like this and now look. You guys need to quit being so quick on the trigger to release "new buggy features" and make sure they are rigorously tested before releasing it to the general public. We have been telling you this for a long time now.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Nathalie on 09-04-2012 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
"make sure they are rigorously tested before releasing it to the general public. We have been telling you this for a long time now".

Matty, go to the beta forum.  We've just started the cycle for testing Messenger Plus! 6 for Windows Live Messenger. 
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by matty on 09-04-2012 at 02:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by matty
"make sure they are rigorously tested before releasing it to the general public. We have been telling you this for a long time now".

Matty, go to the beta forum.  We've just started the cycle for testing Messenger Plus! 6 for Windows Live Messenger.
Thank you for finally listening to us! Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
RE: Messenger Plus! announces support for Windows Live Messenger 2012 by Diceman2037 on 09-06-2012 at 01:25 PM

if a fix is found for the wlm2009 memory issue, i would like to test that if possible.