Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 6 released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 6 released (/showthread.php?tid=99648)

Messenger Plus! 6 released by Nathalie on 09-28-2012 at 06:55 AM

Yuna Software announced today the release of Messenger Plus! 6 for Windows Live Messenger. The latest version offers full compatibility with Windows Live™ Messenger (WLM) 2012 as well as backward compatibility with Windows Live Messenger 2011.

Read more:

http://www.msgplus.net/News/Yuna_Software_Releases_Messenger_Plus!_6

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by whiz on 09-28-2012 at 07:46 AM

I hope this one had beta testing...

In any case, I'll try it later when I'm on Windows.

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by Toxn on 09-28-2012 at 04:29 PM

Even if it had beta testing is there any testers left active or use windows live messenger anymore to even try it?

Any changelog atleast?

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by matty on 09-28-2012 at 05:10 PM

There were two of us. I was too busy to test it. Not sure about the other person.

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by moltes on 10-06-2012 at 09:48 PM

This IS a beta version then ^^

I hope some skinners are still alive too to provide us with some nice skins as it used to be

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by aNILEator on 10-07-2012 at 03:03 PM

I pretty much stopped skinning when good work was under appreciated in favour of pictures only skins.

Willz was also paid for his skin work which is great (I can't complain I won a great wacom tablet for a skin I made) but I don't think he has the interest or personal time any more, after all there's better work out there and skins are a great training tool and portfolio filler.

But there's been a definite decline for WLM, facebook stole everyone's attentions, then facebook chat actually became stable enough to use on the site, smart phones took people away from their desktops (and  messaging services on those are now more like Instant messengers, see Blackberry Messenger, iMessage and WhatsApp sharing files from their phones, always with them, always logged on...) and skype saw a small resurgence for close friends and family use.

Personally I use Skype now to speak to my family and girlfriend long distance, it's 'simpler' for most and less bloated. I suppose with Messenger video calls, it was basically only that display picture area by default and put people off.

I stopped using messenger myself after my online contacts dwindled to 5/500 and those 5 were also on facebook or I had their mobile phones and that was more convenient for the style of relationship I have with said contact/s.

I still get beta test request for msgplus but I honestly cannot test features now with native WLM users.

sure facebook messenger now works with WLM but hey Microsoft Messenger's integrated with skype now too and facebook.... wherever i go the services all get combined anyway.

And I don't really like big cartoony pop up 'winks' taking over my chat window so msgplus skype can stay away for the moment (that and my video chats aren't worth recording)

It's a tough one, I liked my time with messenger but I think that time and community has definitely passed now.

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by MELERIX on 10-10-2012 at 06:58 AM

few minutes ago I got auto-update and I accepted it as always.

but now... with this version now I can't start a conversation with any contact in WLM2009 :S

double click in a contact and WLM stuck completely.

also it crash on restart/close...

[Image: 3445v61.gif]

now I'll need to rollback to previus version again... :@

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by Chrissy on 10-11-2012 at 11:40 PM

MSGPLUS6, now with even more add-ons, pop-ups and adverts.

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by Chancer on 10-12-2012 at 04:31 AM

I believe Patchou had foreseen WLM decadence and jumped out just in the right time.

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by Diceman2037 on 10-16-2012 at 07:16 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=99...1021242#pid1021242

not fixed >:

RE: Messenger Plus! 6 released by Nathalie on 10-21-2012 at 03:33 PM

Apparently, there is an updated version of Windows Live Essentials 2012 (including Live Messenger) numbered ‘16.4.3505.912’

Plus! 6 is compatible with this version and are not required to download a new build of Plus! 6

If you come across any problems, please let us know.