Shoutbox

The future of Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The future of Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=99818)

The future of Messenger Plus! by traxor on 11-19-2012 at 02:10 PM

What is the long-term plan for Messenger Plus! following the news that Windows Live Messenger is being discontinued in favour of Skype by the end of this year / spring next year?

With this in mind, why not use this thread as a place to give out Twitter usernames / Facebook accounts? I’m @lukejones on Twitter and you can find me on Facebook if you really need to ;)

Edit: Just read this.

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 11-20-2012 at 05:27 AM

I know it has been a long time, but it still doesn't hurt to read previous news reports before making threads :P
Yuna Software continues to bring the best of Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messeng
Uniting Skype and Windows Live Messenger: Implications on Messenger Plus!

quote:
Originally posted by Talk2Luke
With this in mind, why not use this thread as a place to give out Twitter usernames / Facebook accounts? I’m @lukejones on Twitter and you can find me on Facebook if you really need to ;)
off topic :refuck:

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by traxor on 11-20-2012 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I know it has been a long time, but it still doesn't hurt to read previous news reports before making threads :P
Yuna Software continues to bring the best of Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messeng
Uniting Skype and Windows Live Messenger: Implications on Messenger Plus!

quote:
off topic :refuck:

Read my edit, I read one of the other threads... But they’re only really discussing the short-term stuff. I think they’re fucked.
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by elektra on 11-20-2012 at 02:42 PM

THE FUTURE IS ORANGE
HAHAHAHAAHAH

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 11-21-2012 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Read my edit
I did. I posted after your edit.
quote:
, I read one of the other threads...
Read them both.
quote:
But they’re only really discussing the short-term stuff.
depends on what you understand under long term and short term. Obviously nobody, inlcuding Yuna, would be able to tell what is going to happen in one or two years of time or whatever. "months" is pretty long term in IT under circumstances like this.

quote:
I think they’re fucked.
Despite all things Plus! will continue to exist for a long while, one way or the other.
(which doesn't say a thing about quality though)
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by traxor on 11-21-2012 at 10:27 PM

quote:

Ah. My opinion is that if something isn’t going to be a quality product it shouldn’t exist at all. Guess I’m a different person, but I care about quality.
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 11-22-2012 at 11:20 AM

quote:
quote:
Ah. My opinion is that if something isn’t going to be a quality product it shouldn’t exist at all. Guess I’m a different person, but I care about quality.
Not so different me thinks...
I share that very same feeling.

But a lot of crap exists and still continue to exist, liking it or not, that's reality :P

Same for Plus!, eventhough we may not like the new direction or 'quality', it will still continue to exist for a while. And the userbase may even grow after the merging of WLM and Skype, who knows...
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by Chrono on 11-23-2012 at 03:38 AM

Traxor.avi

Just felt the need to say that :chroppy:

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by traxor on 11-23-2012 at 08:11 AM

quote:
But a lot of crap exists and still continue to exist, liking it or not, that's reality

Same for Plus!, eventhough we may not like the new direction or 'quality', it will still continue to exist for a while. And the userbase may even grow after the merging of WLM and Skype, who knows...

I’ll just choose to ignore its existence then.

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Traxor.avi

Brilliant. :P
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 11-23-2012 at 08:16 AM

I come back here after a while and this is what I see.. *sigh* :P

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Traxor.avi

+1 :refuck:
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by prashker on 11-23-2012 at 04:15 PM

Better delete my friends off facebook

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by Pr0xY on 11-29-2012 at 03:24 PM

/facepalm.  This question and the initial responses from people are sad.  (Except Chrono...  +1 to you sir)

The future of Messenger Plus?  Well... If Windows Live is being discontinued in favor of Skype... and there's also a version of Messenger Plus for Skype now... one would only assume Yuna Software would make Messager Plus for Skype its primary development priority.   

RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by matty on 11-29-2012 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
/facepalm.  This question and the initial responses from people are sad.  (Except Chrono...  +1 to you sir)

The future of Messenger Plus?  Well... If Windows Live is being discontinued in favor of Skype... and there's also a version of Messenger Plus for Skype now... one would only assume Yuna Software would make Messager Plus for Skype its primary development priority.
Which is true but the product isn't without fault and will definitely not last long in my opinion.
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by traxor on 12-24-2012 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

Which is true but the product isn't without fault and will definitely not last long in my opinion.

Word. It’s over!
RE: RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by Nathalie on 12-27-2012 at 01:34 AM

As you can see, we're revamping the website to integrate both Skype and Windows Live Messenger as one brand and closely following Microsoft's integration of Messenger and Skype too so that Plus! can be compatible with the evolution.

Yesterday the new look and feel of the home page went live.
RE: The future of Messenger Plus! by njefferson on 06-13-2013 at 08:31 AM

I would really hate that. I use skype because its a necessity, all my clients and everyone else is on skype, but until and unless skype starts a chatroom kind of thing, I do not see any reason me loving skype.