Shoutbox

PLUSNETWORK.COM SEARCH HIJACKING PROBLEM STILL PRESENT - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: PLUSNETWORK.COM SEARCH HIJACKING PROBLEM STILL PRESENT (/showthread.php?tid=99950)

PLUSNETWORK.COM SEARCH HIJACKING PROBLEM STILL PRESENT by Cani Lupine on 01-14-2013 at 09:00 AM

Hello,

You may recall many, many people having problems with Messenger Plus for MSN where their browser search settings are hijacked and replaced with plusnetwork.com search. I just now noticed I have the same problem with Messenger Plus for Skype. I am 1,000,000% absolutely, positively, completely and utterly certain that I unchecked all boxes for sponsor programs, toolbars, and default search engines, because I never, ever install the fat that goes along with programs like these, and I have found that my default search engine in both Firefox and Chrome have been changed to Plus Search without my consent. Now, I'm going to need to spend extra time to remove this malware from my computer.

I have removed Messenger Plus for Skype from my computer, and will never be using any software from Yuna again.

The repeated denial of this problem by forum staff is extremely disheartening and very unprofessional. It's easy to blame the user, but the fact of the matter here is that you guys are putting out malware. Plain and simple.

RE: PLUSNETWORK.COM SEARCH HIJACKING PROBLEM STILL PRESENT by CookieRevised on 01-16-2013 at 02:09 PM

Please do not post the same message multiple times in different threads.
Cani Lupine's reply to How do I prevent Plus! Network from changing my search engine in FireFox?