Shoutbox

How is the cleanest way to install skype on top of wlmplus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: How is the cleanest way to install skype on top of wlmplus (/showthread.php?tid=99951)

How is the cleanest way to install skype on top of wlmplus by kowen on 01-15-2013 at 12:21 AM

i ran the installer of skype and suddenly it pop up a strange error i had windows live messenger with plus addon and ran skypeinstaller.exe. when skype ends install a strange error happens.
i want to know if it might give me any troubles i have to reinstall windows live messenger soon. thanks.
suddenly msn icon disappeared.
after the install of skype

RE: How is the cleanest way to install skype on top of wlmplus by krypton on 01-23-2013 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kowen
i ran the installer of skype and suddenly it pop up a strange error i had windows live messenger with plus addon and ran skypeinstaller.exe. when skype ends install a strange error happens.
i want to know if it might give me any troubles i have to reinstall windows live messenger soon. thanks.
suddenly msn icon disappeared.
after the install of skype
Can you post the screenshot of that error?

However I suggest you to uninstall both Skype and Messenger Plus! for Skype by using Revo Uninstaller, or similar software like IObit Uninstaller, and then erase the registry keys related to them.
For reinstall and run Messenger Plus! and Skype correctly, try to follow my indications in this thread (post number two):
Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype