Shoutbox

Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Thread: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] (/showthread.php?tid=99953)

Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by krypton on 01-15-2013 at 09:43 PM

I have a question about how Chat Logging works. I have ticked the option "Enable local chat logging" in Messanger Plus! preferences, but when I close Skype the my chat sessions are not saved.
I have also enabled "Preserve my messages chronology" in Skype Privacy Settings.
All my contacs still uses MSN Messanger, is this the reason? In other words, Messanger Plus! supports Chat Logging only between Skype users? Or I must clear the  Skype option "Preserve my messages chronology" to allow Chat Logging of Messanger Plus!?  It's a my hypothesis, because I didn't find any documentation that explains this function in detail.

Thank you very much for the attention. Regards.

edit:

Messanger Plus! for Skype version: 1.5.0.121 (12/06/2012)

Setup of Messenger Plus: Setup-MsgPlus-600.exe - version: 6.00.0.773

Skype™ version: 6.1.0.129

PC's Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by gnome on 01-18-2013 at 09:33 AM

I have same question

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by dw24 on 01-28-2013 at 04:17 AM

I have the same question, could someone answer us please?

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by Menthix on 01-28-2013 at 02:32 PM

It does indeed seem Plus! is not logging any conversation which Skype has over the Messenger network. You can identify these type of conversation by the 'via Messenger' line at the bottom of the conversation window.

I am not sure why this happens, but Trillian has been having some issues with Messenger contacts over Skype too. The blame it on the Skype development kit (SkypeKit) which has to be updated by Skype to support this. Not sure if Messenger Plus for Skype uses the same kit.

Conversations 'via Skype' should still be logged. If those aren't logged, make sure Plus! is running properly (you see the Plus! sidebar) and logging is enabled in the Plus! settings.

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by neilogden on 01-29-2013 at 09:01 PM

Is there any prospect of this being solved?  I like to keep all the logs of chats.  Skye contact chats are being kept, it is just Messenger contacts and although they still appear within the chat window for 6 months it would be good to have the chat log fully working at least by the time WLM disappears?

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by dw24 on 01-30-2013 at 06:16 AM

There it seems that the app it causing another problem, and it is that whenever I try to open skype it delays way too much too. It is not just the chat log...

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by venom_zx on 02-03-2013 at 03:09 PM

if i had to take a guess. the developers might wait till WLM disappears. then there won't be any messenger contacts to log!

i'm also missing the logging feature. it's one of the main reasons i like msg plus. i haven't been able to confirm yet for myself, whether it does work with skype contacts

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by Keenado on 02-09-2013 at 11:05 AM

I've noticed something else regarding the chat logs and I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem - when chatting with another person via their Skype account, I receive messages normally, let's call them X, Y and Z. Then when I take a look at the logs, I can only see messages X and Y, and message Z is nowhere to be found. It's not the first time I've noticed that some lines are missing for no apparent reason. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I've experienced having two folders for the same person for their Skype account. Like, one is pretty much regular, and the other one just has some (not all) messages from a certain date, and it's quite weird because in both of the files I have 29th of January and it's all mixed up. I don't understand why this happens, but I hope you might be able to find out what the issue is and fix it eventually. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Another thing. I've just noticed that sometimes full days aren't saved anywhere. I really like this feature of plus, I love your logs, but seriously, what's wrong with it for Skype? :( And Skype's history recording sucks on its own. Makes me quite sad I won't be able to go through my logs properly anymore.

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by Dantiscus on 04-04-2013 at 10:52 AM

So....has anything been changed in Version 1.8 about this topic?...Aka save MSN/HOTMAIL  chat logs USING A HOTMAIL ACCOUNT WHILE USING SKYPE + MSG PLUS?

Like many others would say, MSG Plus is the only reason for me to still use Skype or MSN Messenger (until this last one dies... in 4 days..or 5) for the Chatlogs and stuff...hopefully it gets fixed SOON

Also...if possible?,an e-mail icon for Hotmail users USING SKYPE with Notifications (and a number next to the icon) at the Skype window (or MSG Plus tab) with Logitech's LCD Keyboards notifications (if you know what i mean)

The end is near...X_X

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by Papillori on 04-11-2013 at 07:48 AM

I've same problem. I tested something and this problem is just for a msn user. I created a skype profile (just skype, no msn) and I was even added I (another address) and with a skype profil, I've history of chat sessions...

(I'm understandable? I do not speak English a basis, sorry)

Je poste aussi en français, au cas où qu'il y ai des bilingue ou des gens dans mon cas.

J'ai le même problème. J'ai testé quelque chose et ce problème viens juste pour les utilisateurs de msn. J'ai crée un compte skype (mais juste Skype) et je me suis ajouté avec une autre adresse (celle de msn). Et avec le compte sur le profile uniquement skype, ça enregistre l'historique.

RE: Chat sessions aren't saved - [Chat Logging] by dw24 on 04-22-2013 at 08:43 AM

I am still having this same problem and the extension makes the pc runs slower and not only that. When it manage to save conversations it save each convo in a different archive instead of one like on msn.