Shoutbox

Disappointed and irritated. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Disappointed and irritated. (/showthread.php?tid=99991)

Disappointed and irritated. by LazyGun on 01-30-2013 at 12:04 PM

I received a message that messenger plus! for Skype needed upgrading. so I go through the upgrade procedure with no issues.

I then find that, in addition to loading the latest version of messenger plus!, You have also taken it upon yourselves to add a messenger plus! search page AND some ridiculous floating Ginyas "Search Companion" that gets in the way and is extremely distracting. (I use google chrome)

As best I can tell, I was not given the option to opt out of receiving such largesse from you, and I have to say, it has made me both disappointed and pretty irritated.

Do you really wish your company to be associated with such shoddy marketing practices as this? Installing stuff without permission? I shall be informing family and friends to steer well clear of your software for the future....

RE: Disappointed and irritated. by Nathalie on 01-30-2013 at 03:53 PM

Hi - the installation screen is transparent with checkboxes giving you the option of whether or not to install offers.    If you want, please go back to the landing page that you came from and send us a screenshot of the installation screen.

You can send me a private message if you prefer.